no medication. ...

My husband started a new job which means we currently do not have insurance. I am on an antidepressant that is quite expensive to pay for completely out of pocket so I am going without this week. We had to much going out this week to afford my meds. Its only going to be 4 days but when ya struggle with clinical depression 4 days will seem like a year for me. If you can please pray for me this week. There will be withdrawal symptoms along with the return of ocd symptoms and the depression symptoms. Today I am hopeful that I will do fine these few days but I worry what I will wake up to tomorrow. My kids are on spring break this week as well which worries me even more. I do not want them to see me at my worst.

Praying to St. Dymphnia for your health & recovery. Had you tried asking your Doctor for some samples to tide you over until the insurance begins?

Thank you.
I have asked my doctor…he doesn’t get samples of my med :frowning:

I am a pharmacist… You should ask your pharmacist if he would give you 4 tablets at no cost and deduct them from the prescription once the insurance gets activated. I used to help my patients out that way. Another option is to see if your doctor has samples that he can give you. Just a thought… I wish you the best and I pray that it will work out for you.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I had no idea that was an option! Thank you I will call right away

Thanks be to God!!! I called the pharmacy. …my prescription is only $52 now!! This is a $100 difference from when I was without insurance a few years ago!
How awesome is that!?

That is great!

Even better news…walmart is only $34!!! They are filling my script today :slight_smile: only a 20 minute drive!! God amazes me

Prayer to Saint Luke:

Most charming and saintly Physician, you were animated by the heavenly Spirit of love. In faithfully detailing the humanity of Jesus, you also showed his divinity and his genuine compassion for all human beings. Inspire our physicians with your professionalism and with the divine compassion for their patients. Enable them to cure the ills of both body and spirit that afflict so many in our day.

Amen.

I am so happy to hear that it worked out for you! As someone who suffers from depression myself, I know how hard it is to go without medication. Even when I would wean myself off slowly, I had absolutely horrid withdrawal symptoms. So pleased that you do not have to experience that. Thanks be to God!

:slight_smile:

O Christ Jesus
When all is darkness
And we feel our weakness and helplessness,
Give us the sense of Your Presence,
Your Love and Your Strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
In Your protecting love
And strengthening power,
So that nothing may frighten or worry us,
For, living close to You,
We shall see Your Hand,
Your Purpose, Your Will through all things.

By St. Ignatius of Loyola

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Good Saint Dymphna, great wonder-worker in every affliction of mind and body, I humbly implore your powerful intercession with Jesus through Mary, the Health of the Sick, in Shelley5254’s present need. She has run out of her depression medications, and needs your intervention in her crisis. Saint Dymphna, martyr of purity, patroness of those who suffer with nervous and mental afflictions, beloved child of Jesus and Mary, pray to Them for me and obtain my request.

(Pray one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Glory Be.)

God is awesome when we let him do his work. I’m happy this worked out for you, wishing you the best, and praying to St. Dymphna for support of you during this time.

Holy Michael the Archangel defend us in the day of battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the Power of God,
thrust down to hell satan and all the wicked spirits,
who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession and was left forsaken. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, a sorrowful sinner. Despise not my words, O Mother of the Word, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end
Amen.

Praying…

Offering thanks for you and praying that the Lord may continue to bless you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.