No more sex question

I have been in a relationship for 6.5 years with a non Catholic who has lived with me for 4 years and we have been sexually active. For over a year I have been feeling very guilty as I know what I’m doing is wrong. How do I tell my bf that I do not want to have sex anymore until we are married. I am trying to prepare myself for him to break things off as I realize that may happen.

I guess you tell him that you feel drawn back to the faith and you can’t do this anymore. If you really strongly feel that he would end the relationship over this then maybe you should just break it off yourself.

In addition to Adam’s advice, you may want to actually tell him why it is wrong. Let him know you are not rejecting him personally, but that your faith is very important and if he can’t accept that, then the relationship may have to end.

Have you discussed marriage before? If not, be prepared for a drastic change. Some people don’t even plan on marrying, before they live together. But, you are doing the right thing. God Bless!

Keeping you in my prayers today.

We have discussed marriage and he SAYS he wants to marry me but we’ve also been together 6.5 years and are in our early 30s.

You need to speak up for yourself. Tell him that he needs to decide if he wants to marry you. You both should know after all this time. If he says he wants to marry you but he isn’t ready, you need to walk away.

Relationships move forward or they die.

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.