No Muslims Allowed

0 Likes

Bring back “We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone”! Best error on the side of caution.

0 Likes

She did so based on behavior and threats. It is a safety issue. That is how I read it.

0 Likes

Here is another: “No shirts, no shoes, no service”!

0 Likes

Title like very far right wing drive me crazy, they are used to stop debate. If you are pro 2 amendment,pro Patriot, you are a right wing nut. Because someone is brought up with different value than you does not make them wrong.

0 Likes

First condemn, then find out the facts. I agree with you.

0 Likes

Responsible parents keep their swords of a toddler’s reach. :cool:

0 Likes

yes, it was a right wing nut that stop this sicko from chopping the head off of the second woman. I think if the media was really fair about it, the stories of how people have defended themselves and their families by using guns were published, people would be singing a different tune. Self-defense stories are ignored and only the accidents and misfires are published and promoted.

0 Likes

That too may be a joke, but it’s a stupid one, b/c there is not a germ of truth in it. :rolleyes:

0 Likes

Yea, just ask the families of the 3000+ that died on 9/11 if they think that is a good joke.

0 Likes

There is no “them”.

Discrimination based on religion is wrong. The Catholic Church teaches this.

0 Likes

First of all we are talking about a shooting range. Being that this is a shooting range and not a burger joint, apartment, schooling, or a job is going to “discriminate” based on the fact that this is a shooting range and not any of the above. So being that this is a shooting range, there is obviously going to be limits on who can use it. So criminals or past criminals, those with mental illness, toddlers, the blind etc are not going to be allowed to use the shooting range. All those groups are discriminated against in their use of the shooting range. So this owner is a woman, she has has threats and problems with Muslims in their use or attempted use and she says “hey there is too much risk here and I am not going to risk my life or anyone else’s life so no more Muslims”. Sorry, it became discrimination based on “behavior” that she has experienced and in her study of Islam, she sees that there are Koranic verses that support violence and death to the infidels. Now maybe if the rest of us see a Muslim uprising against the violence, she might have had a different opinion. But she and the rest of us don’t see that sort of condemnation.

0 Likes

If Islam is the “religion of peace” that people (mostly liberals) claim it to be why would a Muslim want to go to a gun range? And why, all of a sudden, are liberals now calling it a right for someone to go to a gun range in America when before they were against it? Is it just because now it’s a Muslim that wants to do it?

0 Likes

The owner state “No Muslims,” not “people who are barred by law from using a firearm and/or engage in a pattern of behavior that leads the owner/operator of the shooting range to conclude that it would be unsafe for them to fire a weapon, who happen to be Muslim.”

As for discrimination, the Church teaches that there is unjust and just discrimination. Concluding that just being a Muslim means they can be barred from a shooting range is an example of unjust discrimination.

0 Likes

Hopefully he’ll ban people with ties to the IRA as well.

0 Likes

I think too, an argument can be made, I’m not sure if it was at Morgan’s website or where but the argument is made that perhaps Islam is a bit more than just a religion or may not even be that.

Islam A Government or A Religion?

nejattv.org/IAS/About_Islam-GovtOrReligion.pdf

And add to that, they have their own laws. Yes, I suppose this can be debated but scholars do take up the subject. Clearly this is a complex issue.

0 Likes

Agree. We cannot afford to become complacent in matters of security.

0 Likes

Citizenship is a requirement for using a gun range? That’s new. As is the owner having to approve your ringtones. They don’t like my ringtones, they lose a customer.

BTW, Nidal Hasan, the terrorist who killed 13 people at Ft. Hood in 2009, is a US citizen.

0 Likes

churchpop.com/2014/09/26/american-soldiers-praising-god-singing-days-elijah/

0 Likes

Sounds Democratic and Free.

BTW, Nidal Hasan, the terrorist who killed 13 people at Ft. Hood in 2009, is a US citizen.

I hope he wasn’t a Christian.

If one looks at this story, the Fort Hood massacre, what has happened in Oklahoma City and that army recruitment center that was shot at somewhere around Mo. Tn. or Ark., I can see people being a bit alarmed about their own locality.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.