No one is Perfect

Most of the time, it is difficult for me to see all of us as sinners. Not all sins are equal. Some are worse than others, have harsher consequences for the perpetrator or the victim. I just I wonder about the slight sins, why does God care if I correct someone with a know-it-all attitude? Why does God care if I am defensive when I receive the truth?
In the physical world, there are people easier to deal with than others. Some people are more fun, listen attentively, etc. Why does God extend his grace to those who do not seem to contribute to society? It is hard to see how a thief and a woman who simply thinks she is better than others are both sinners.
Why are self-glorifying thoughts sins?
Some sins seems never affect the perpetrator. Why should they care or even repent? Why does it matter if I am callous, harsh, rude or refuse money to the poor? How does that affect me?

We cannot claim to be followers of our LORD if we do not actually follow him, in whatever minor way.

Most of us will never be called upon to die for Him. In which case, the minutia of our life will be the measure of our faith life. If we do not strive to purify these aspects, what will we have to show Him?

ICXC NIKA.

You are answered your own question
Matthew 25:40

Well God commands us to love others including our enemies which include those who we just have a hard time putting up with. Sins may not appear outwardly to effect the perpetrator much in this life but will greatly in the next if not repented for here. Pride is a sin because in a way it is idolatry and it is at the root of most sins including self gratification.

Not all sins are equal but we are all sinners and are members of a fallen race. None of us based on our own merits deserves to go top heaven. Salvation is a free gift from God if we are humble enough to accept it. God doesn`t force it upon us as He honors our freewill.

How you behave is important to God because He loves you and wants you to be with Him in heaven. He has set rules and guidelines (commandments and doctrine) for getting there that we follow if we also want to spend eternity with Him in heaven.

Your very last comment is the key.

The two great commandments - on which all else is built, it to Love God above all else and to Love your neighbor as yourself (Mt 22:36-40).
Jesus Gave the command to Love one another as He has loved us (John 13:34-35).
Paul tells us that Love of neighbor fulfills all the requirements of the law (Romans 13:8-10)

So you ask, "Why does it matter if I am callous, harsh, rude or refuse money to the poor?
Do you want others to be callous towards you?
Do you want others to be harsh towards you?
Do you like it when others are rude?
If you were in need would you want others to refuse you?

Treating others in a way that you would not wish to be treated - violates the law of love…and this is very harmful to one’s self.

Peace
James

Why does sin matter? The short answer is that you are denying God and worshiping Satan.

It is hard for me to believe in the next life. I have not seen it. It is not guaranteed.

In this life, have you seen tomorrow?

What have you done to prepare for it?

Do you expect it to come?

Why is the afterlife any different?

Good thoughts here…:thumbsup:

Because doing so may be a misuse of God’s gifts or resources.

Some sins seems never affect the perpetrator. Why should they care or even repent? Why does it matter if I am callous, harsh, rude or refuse money to the poor? How does that affect me?

Question: You are driving down the highway. Someone cuts in front of you. You get angry. How able are you to have full control over your vehicle while angry?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.