No one On this forum, should be wishing others a happy Valentine's Day

No one On this forum, should be wishing others a happy Valentine’s Day. Unless he is Not a Christian.

Why? Because you are robbing God of His glory. Only God does miracles. He did miracles through Peter and Paul in the book of Acts. And he also did miracles through Saint Valentine. The secular world wants to take God out of the picture. We should wish others a happy SAINT Valentine’s Day, To honor the mighty work God did through this Saint.

Saint of the Day

St. Valentine (3rd century)
Valentine was a priest in Rome and a physician. He was imprisoned for giving aid to martyrs. While there, he converted the prison guard by restoring his daughter’s sight. He was beaten and beheaded in 269

Odd, we often wish each other a Happy feast of - insert name of Saint -, why ought we leave St. Valentine out of it?

12 Likes

I think the OP means we should be saying ‘SAINT’ Valentine’s’ Day not just Valentine’s Day.

10 Likes

Happy Cyril and Methodius day.

16 Likes

Yes that is what I meant. I find it helpful to explain the 3 different Greek words for love

1 Like

This is not a hill I want to die on.

34 Likes

Same. People choose weird things to get hung up on.

18 Likes

I believe the OP made a good point!

5 Likes

It’s quite rude to say that someone who has made a valid point is “hung up” on it.

3 Likes

Semantics are hardly valid points. It’s one word and OP is accusing those who don’t say “Saint” first as robbing God of His glory, a rather extreme accusation.

18 Likes

Well I do love their Glagolitic script .
I am working on translating this passage from John’s gospel.

2 Likes

There wasn’t a valid point though.

7 Likes

I think it is a good thing to be reminded of how important it is to keep these things in the public mind. It’s part of the same battle for other terms like Christmas.

5 Likes

I am new to Catholicism and have always celebrated Valentines Day without knowing about Saint Valentine. The twist of trying to take my past joy in celebrating love thru a Valentine greeting and/or a card, without acknowledging Saint Valentine is rigid thinking that will drive the love and saving grace out of the sinful man…lighten up.

11 Likes

We congratulate people on the feast of their saints here in Spain. I see no harm in it, on the contrary, it helps remember the saint of the day.

6 Likes

Would it be rude to point out that according to the Roman Calendar it ISN’T St. Valentine’s Day actually, but the Feast of Ss. Cyril and Methodius? St. Valentine was removed from the Roman Calendar in 1969.

2 Likes

Today is still St. Valentine’s Day in the Extraordinary Form. Which, I presume, is why St. Valentine’s Church in Pittsburgh is celebrating their patron this evening with an EF Mass.

6 Likes

No it would not be rude but as the post above points out it would not be accurate either

2 Likes

Exactly. The art of being wise is knowing what to ignore.

1 Like

Heretic! You didn’t put “Saints” in front of it…

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.