No regular morning good saturday mass

Should there be a holy Saturday mass? My parish only has a Saturday Easter vigil scheduled in its bulletin.

There is no mass after Holy Thursday until the Easter Vigil.

[quote="blaskoman, post:1, topic:320790"]
Should there be a holy Saturday mass?

[/quote]

No.

If there is anything on Saturday morning, it is Morning Prayer.

Should there be a holy Saturday mass? My parish only has a Saturday Easter vigil scheduled in its bulletin.

[/quote]

[quote="marty1818, post:2, topic:320790"]

[/quote]

Yep.

No Mass but there can be certain non-Mass liturgies.

[/quote]

Nope - there's no Mass on Holy Saturday until the Vigil.

Or rather the whole Triduum is one Great Liturgy, and on Holy Saturday we are aware that Christ descended to the Dead and the Church "abstains" from the Mass.

And the word "abstains" is what is in the Ordo.

[quote="marty1818, post:2, topic:320790"]

[/quote]

I thought that the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, Good Friday's Celebration of the Lord's Passion and the Easter Vigil were one long liturgy. That is why there is no dismissal and final blessing on Thursday, no greeting or final blessing on Friday and no greeting on Saturday. To put it in courtroom terminology, the Mass is recessed on Thursday, reconvened on Friday, recessed on Friday, reconvened on Saturday night and finally adjourned on Saturday night.

[quote="PacoG, post:6, topic:320790"]
I thought that the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper, Good Friday's Celebration of the Lord's Passion and the Easter Vigil were one long liturgy. That is why there is no dismissal and final blessing on Thursday, no greeting or final blessing on Friday and no greeting on Saturday. To put it in courtroom terminology, the Mass is recessed on Thursday, reconvened on Friday, recessed on Friday, reconvened on Saturday night and finally adjourned on Saturday night.

[/quote]

I like that analogy! Too funny, but probably much clearer for many people! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.