No VBS at my parish this year

The DRE & Music Director (husband and wife) resigned abruptly in March with no plans for VBS in place. The acting DRE’s priorities were to keep the regular program and sacrament program running smoothly until the end of the year; she had no time or budget for VBS. I’ve checked neighboring parishes and not many are offering VBS this year. Also, the week that VBS is offered at one neighboring parish (and several local Protestant churches) is the same week that my grandson has Cub Scout Day Camp. I’m still looking for a VBS for 4 grandkids.

I suggest you go to your pastor and volunteer to head it up.

I went to a Baptist VBS when I was a kid...didn't shake my Catholic Faith, and they actually respected it.

I am a Traddie, but I think the Protestant VBSs are pretty harmless. Look into them and see. (And tell them you all are practicing Catholics and would that be a problem.)

Good luck.

[quote="1ke, post:2, topic:199755"]
I suggest you go to your pastor and volunteer to head it up.

[/quote]

I probably have the skills, but it would take a lot more advance planning. A thrown together VBS is not what we are looking for. I take a week off from my job to do this with my grandkids.

[quote="doanli, post:3, topic:199755"]
I went to a Baptist VBS when I was a kid...didn't shake my Catholic Faith, and they actually respected it.

I am a Traddie, but I think the Protestant VBSs are pretty harmless. Look into them and see. (And tell them you all are practicing Catholics and would that be a problem.)

Good luck.

[/quote]

I was looking at the local Protestant church websites. Some offered it the same week that one grandson has Cub Scout camp, and some others offered evening VBS which didn't work as well for us as daytime,

I found one at a neighboring parish on a week that works for us :D And volunteered.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.