No wound is as serious as wounded love

Sirach 25:13. What do you think?

Agreed…

Nothing so deeply wounds and affects a person’s spirit and confidence as family and marital wounds. They’re darn-near permanent unless someone recognizes the wound and intentionally tries to seek healing.

Yeah, I agree. It doesn’t even have to be familial or marital. Friendships gone wrong, trust betrayed.

Love is a great thing,until humans get in the mix

Do you mean Sirach 25:12?

Worst of all wounds is that of the heart, worst of all evils is that of a woman.

If God is love, as Scripture explains, then yeah, wounded love is very serious indeed.

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.” -Proverbs 27:6

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben Hur? Messala? :confused:

hard hard to bear
but with Christ all things are possible
Sirach is more about earthly but Christ is about heavenly
So in Him there is strength to overcome ‘‘the pangs of despised love’’.

I disagree.

The biggest wound is human nature. We are fallen and can’t get up by ourselves. We are temporally held responsible for the sins of others. We are not in the Garden of Eden.

That is one big wound! Nothing bigger!

Which is the wound? The one wounded or the one doing the wounding?

No wound is as serious as wounded love- scripture says. *Wounded love. *God is love. Human fallen nature is the one doing the wounding. Love is Who is wounded. its serious to wound God. God is all we have. God is the source of all good things.

We are wounded.

You will notice we are not in the Garden of Eden.

No wound is as serious as wounded love- scripture says. *Wounded love. *God is love. Human fallen nature is the one doing the wounding. Love is Who is wounded. its serious to wound God. God is all we have. God is the source of all good things.

God is living in heaven, with zero suffering.
We are living on this hellish planet, with tons of suffering.

And HE is wounded? Seriously?

The one who is wounded is the one who suffers (us).

Yes, HE is wounded. Seriously! Do you read your catechism? Do you read Scriptures? Its in the Catechism- our sins wound God. Wound everyone really… which wounds God more.

Sacred Heart of Jesus- maybe you should read about it? I saw a great documentary on EWTN which explains how God is hurt by our sins.

There is also the Prayer to the Wounded Heart of Jesus… ewtn.com/Devotionals/heart/wounded.htm

:“He was wounded for our transgressions”… Isaiah 53:5 GOD was WOUNDED.

“Husbands love your wives as Christ loves the Church” (giving up his very life for her) Ephesians 5:25 He was hurt! … Suffering!

GOD suffers when we sin- its in the Catechism! It wounds His Sacred Heart!

God is living in heaven with zero suffering??? ** God transcends our human concept of time** so don’t put God in some sort of box, like, ‘he is in heaven now and not on earth therefore he is not suffering’… This would be not looking at the full picture, which we can’t anyway since we are not God. But we do know that God is not bound by some concept of time like we are here on earth.

I never said that we are not wounded and/or suffer also.

You’re confusing suffering with time. You are comparing apples and oranges.

God is not suffering. We are.
If God is wounded, he is healed of those wounds since he is not suffering anymore. We are not.

Look, I get it. God is far more important than ordinary people or even a worthless speck of dust like me.

As a result, it is impossible to see that the bigger wound is the one that is not healed.

Two people are involved in a car accident. One gets a scratch and gets stiched and healed. The other gets paralyzed.

Who has the greater wound? I’d say the paralyzed person because he’s still suffering.

That is what you say, and what you believe. Not me.

God is love:

Love
… 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast,** it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,** is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs.…1 Corinthians 13:4

(emphasis mine)

I’m sorry you are suffering. You seem to be to be this heated about this than need be.

Dear Bob,
Are you living? Look inside. God is living in you… Don’t shut the door on him…
Praying that you find him very, very close to you…

Is God not self seeking? Then why does he demand his will be done? “My way or the highway”? Does God not boast? What about in Job when he was boasting to the devil (makes no sense, was this God saying “in your face!” to him?)

Yes, God is love, nonetheless. But he is not wounded. Wounded love is someone here on earth who loved and got wounded.

Yes. Life is a burden and not a gift.

Look inside. God is living in you… Don’t shut the door on him…
Praying that you find him very, very close to you…

I didn’t shut the door on him, he shut his door on me. Every attempt I made to get closer to him, failed.

Look, I’m just disagreeing that God is wounded. He is in heaven without suffering.

I’ve been wondering… is every second of your life a burden? Is there not one joyous second in your 24 hour day? In your 7 day week? In your 365 day year? I met a woman once and she told me she only had one good day a year… is this the same for you?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.