NOAA study shows oceans hotter than ever as US tops global climate denier list

“An ever-growing mountain of facts and scientific studies to support man-made climate change—not to mention extreme weather incidents and changing seasonal patterns being experienced every day—wasn’t enough information to keep the United States from taking the top spot in climate change denial…”

See examiner.com/article/noaa-study-shows-oceans-hotter-than-ever-as-us-tops-global-climate-denier-list?cid=rss

Lynnvic,

I admire you for keeping this up on CAF I know it’s not easy.

We need folks on the right side on the issue of our climate change and our role as stewards of God’s creation.

The realities of climate change is most likely BOTH natural and man made. I don’t think its one or the other. Also, I think its foolish to think that pollution has zero effect on the climate. But I think it’s also foolish to believe that climate change is 100% man-made.

It’s most likely a combination of both, but what are the percentages? We don’t know.

I would say climate change is both man caused and natural. However, mankind is contributing to the problem rather significantly and seems to care less. This is not good stewardship. We really do need to improve our ways of living and energy use.

Those who want to deny climate change are just being foolish. Warming oceans, changing weather, disappearing ice caps…really folks. And now there is a major problem in Japan with giant jelly fish. We simply can’t ignore this stuff and pretend it is not happening.

You are correct. They say it is mostly from human emissions.

Here’s something I just wrote on another thread:

All the other factor that could or might cause warming (increased solar irradiance, earth wobble, irregular orbit, gamma rays, etc) have been taken into account and found not to have been factors, leaving increasing CO2 (and other GHGs) in the atmosphere (the known cause of the natural GH effect) the main factor of the current warming.

The ratio of CO2 from fossil fuel burning to CO2 from other, natural factors has been increasing, revealing the human “fingerprint” in this warming.

CO2 produced from burning fossil fuels or burning forests has quite a different isotopic composition from CO2 in the atmosphere. This is because plants have a preference for the lighter isotopes (12C vs. 13C); thus they have lower 13C/12C ratios. Since fossil fuels are ultimately derived from ancient plants, plants and fossil fuels all have roughly the same 13C/12C ratio – about 2% lower than that of the atmosphere. As CO2 from these materials is released into, and mixes with, the atmosphere, the average 13C/12C ratio of the atmosphere decreases.
See “How do we know that recent CO2 increases are due to human activities?” at realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2004/12/how-do-we-know-that-recent-cosub2sub-increases-are-due-to-human-activities-updated/

Examiner.com is a commentary / news agregator blog; please link to a news article when starting a thread in World News

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.