Noah's Ark would have floated...even with 70,000 animals

Noah’s Ark would have floated even with two of every animal in the world packed inside, scientists have calculated.

Although researchers are unsure if all the creatures could have squeezed into the huge boat, they are confident it would have handled the weight of 70,000 creatures without sinking.

A group of master’s students from the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Leicester University studied the exact dimensions of the Ark, set out in Genesis 6:13-22.

telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10740451/Noahs-Ark-would-have-floated…even-with-70000-animals.html

Noah’s Ark was, if taken literally, a supernatural event, so even if the laws of nature would suggest that the Ark would have sunk, God still could have supernaturally kept it afloat much like Jesus stayed afloat while walking on water.

I consider that it was made of wood, was rather immense and displaced a huge amount of water. Each of the animals in it would also float. On principle, I see nothing even naturally impossible here.

A link to Fr. Robert Barron’s commentary on the film. I was rather set against it, but he has a few interesting points, as he is so well-known for.

I’m struck by how many people who may not know much about this part of the Bible and haven’t read Enoch or any Jewish Midrash are criticizing the film for being secular.

That’s pretty awesome!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.