Nolte: Poll Shows Trump Eating into Democrat Black Vote

Nolte: Poll Shows Trump Eating into Democrat Black Vote

Supporters cheer as US President Donald Trump arrives to deliver remarks at a Keep America Great rally in Las Vegas, Nevada, on February 21, 2020. (Photo by JIM WATSON / AFP) (Photo by JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

JIM WATSON/AFP via Getty

JOHN NOLTE

25 Feb 2020 Breitbart News

A poll of registered black voters shows support for President Trump has increased by 50 percent, and a large number are unhappy with the Democrat Party.

The far-left Politico does its best to play down how potentially important this result is, but as former White House Press Secretary Ari Fleischer perfectly put it: “[T]he real headline should have been: ‘Trump Triples McCain Vote and Doubles Romney Vote Among Black Voters.’”

Referring to his former boss, George W. Bush, Fleischer adds, “[Trump] even runs ahead of Bush. Small inroads among overwhelmingly D[emocrat] black voters can go a long way.”

In 2016, Trump earned eight percent of the black vote (and 29 percent of the Hispanic vote).

In 2012, serial loser Mitt Romney only got six percent of the black vote and 28 percent of the Hispanic vote.

In 2008, John McCain could only earn 4 percent of the black vote . . .

. . . . This poll of 804 black registered voters (with a three point margin of error) does show a large reservoir of dissatisfaction.

A full one-third wish Democrats had “someone else” running for president, and only 70 percent say they will vote for whoever wins the Democrat nomination.

Granted, 70 percent is a whole lot, but if 30 percent, or even 20 percent stay home or pull the lever for Trump, that’s a catastrophe for Democrats. . . .

. . . The Impeachment Hoax has backfired already in a number of key ways, and this poll reveals yet another. More than half of black voters say impeachment distracted Democrats from focusing on issues important to them. . . .

. . . In other words, Democrats are again taking the black vote for granted.

This poll, and a recent poll of Hispanics, again proves just how impotent the establishment media are now.

For four years, the fake news media have spent billions of corporate dollars to smear Trump as a racist. It’s obviously not working.

What is working, though, is Trump’s legitimate and sincere outreach to the black community. . . .

3 Likes

How reliable is Nolte?

That sounds like a claim Breitbart would trumpet. The news source is not credible. You see how much opinion and invective is salted into what’s supposed to be a news account?

What’s a 50% increase, anyway? From 1% to 1.5%? That’s eating into a voting bloc?

1 Like

Clearly you didn’t read the article.
It gave the numbers
12% now vs 8% in 2016

2 Likes

Nepperhan . . . .

• news source is not credible

• much opinion

• invective

• a news account?

• What’s a 50% increase, anyway? From 1% to 1.5%? That’s eating into a voting bloc?

Sorry Nepperhan but it sounds (to me anyway) like you are merely projecting what you see in the Democrat media, along with your
“much opinion”
here expressing your own
“invective”
against Breitbart while apparently not reading the article that you opined was
“not credible”
when your reply suggests you didn’t even read it.

@Theo520 . . .

Clearly you didn’t read the article.
It gave the numbers
12% now vs 8% in 2016

Nepperhan . . . .

That’s eating into a voting bloc?

When you have states being won by thousands or even hundreds of votes in the past,
and now your count in the polls goes from 8 to 12% (not to mention the increased momentum) . . . .

. . . Yes. That is eating into the voting bloc.

Every vote counts.

5 Likes

You might expect a link to the poll and its internals form a reliable source,
Although it is not clear that data is all that important to this trumpeting.

I also wonder, and this is just speculation on my part; there’s no data to back this up, no polling… But I wonder if …

dvdjs . . .

Although it is not clear that data is all that important to this trumpeting.

Just the kind of thing your guys were telling everybody four years ago too.

Until you were wrong.

1 Like

The article is about how politico reported on the poll

Was the Politico article linked?
I think that the article was actually about some Republican operative’s opinion of how Politico should have headlined their article, It ultimately veered into other opinions unconnected to data.

The more blacks and Hispanics vote for the Republican Party the less the issue of ‘race’ can be used in political posturing and the less invective in political discussion.

We should all be happy about that.

4 Likes

Some stats, some people look at are single-parent homes and so on. The stats here aren’t good, let’s admit, for any group we speak of.

*Breitbart is not credible.

*It’s easy to have even a 100% increase from a low number. Any increase Trump had cannot be considered ‘eating into’ black support for Democrats.

1 Like

And since comparatively few minorities, (blacks, Hispanics and Asians) support the GOP, we can ask if Republicans support minority rights, if the party has been hostile to minorities and if Republicans have found it worth their while to support people and policies hostile to minority Americans.

Bitter much?

Feel free to start your own topic on those issues.

Trump appears to be getting more of the black vote that past republican candidates. The fact this seems to bother you matters to no one but you.

6 Likes

Nepperhan . . .

*Breitbart is not credible.

I think you have to say something like that after it was pretty obvious that it at least LOOKED like you hadn’t read the article in the first place.

So rather than just say . . .

“Well I overspoke. I was kind of looking at principles based on the title and maybe even skimmed the article but did not really read it.”

It is a lot easier to just carp about “Breitbart”.

Look. You just got fed almost three years of a FAKE Trump Russian-collusion narrative by CNN, MSNBC, and others.

We got hot-mike evidence ABC was deep sixing stories about Epstein and Bill Clinton.

You were peddled a phony Jussie Smollett narrative by all the mainstream media outfits.

You saw even the courts side with Covington Catholic kid over the media (almost impossible for coverage to be so bad that the courts go against you) and were fed that.

And YOU are going to complain about BREITBART (who got all these things right)??

REALLY?

Nepperhan (contradicting himself in one sentence) . . .

Any increase Trump had cannot be considered ‘eating into’ black support for Democrats.

Whatever.

4 Likes

Dr_Meinheimer . . .

Trump appears to be getting more of the black vote that past republican candidates. The fact this seems to bother you matters to no one but you.

Great point Dr_Meinheimer. Trump does appear to be getting more of the black vote.

I’m not talking about Nepperhan here.

But it seems like there are a significant number of leftists out there,
that are UPSET black America is doing so well
under President Trump and his administration.

I just don’t get that kind of thinking.

And these are the same guys running around
the proverbial marketplace blowing trumpets
about how they are the ones who care about the minority communities all the time.

3 Likes

Don’t you get it? These stories and Trump’s ballyhooed reaching out to minorities are calculated to reassure moderate whites that Trump is not a racist, even though he cozies up to the alt-right. So, Trump knows he will not garner large minority support. He and his minions just want to look like they foster diversity.

From what I have heard and from the statistics, black folks are not buying it. We had a whole thread on this point previously.

3 Likes

Nepperhan on not just Trump, but Trump’s “minions” too. . . .

He and his minions just want to look like they foster diversity.

I disagree.

Didn’t you know it is all part of some sort of white power nefarious plan to create more jobs and money in the pockets of all Americans, especially at the moment for black and Hispanic Americans and to tout these achievements proudly? Didn’t you know it is all part of some sort of white power nefarious plan to invite black businessmen and leaders to the white house to discuss and implement how best to rejuvenate black neighbourhoods and agree on criminal justice reform?

3 Likes

Blexit Leader: Democrat Party Has Done Nothing in Return for Black Vote

ROBERT KRAYCHIK

27 Feb 2020

The Democrat Party has “used the black vote” while doing nothing for black Americans in return, said Shaken Akhet, state director of Blexit South Carolina, to Breitbart News in Charleston, SC, outside of Wednesday’s Democrat debate. . . .

. . . I love the opportunity zones. That’s a good thing that allows us to invest in underserved communities that give us opportunity to provide jobs and to build up our communities.

The Democratic Party has played with the black vote for so long. The Democratic Party has used the black vote for their advantage and they have done nothing in return. The cities are still in a dilapidated state. You have a lot of corruption. You still have a lot of dirty politics, so we feel as though since the Democratic Party is not doing what they’re supposed to do then there needs to be a mass exit out of the Democratic Party. We need to start talking about conservative values.

Asked what he would say to Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Akhet replied, “Stop lying to the people, Bernie. That’s my thing. Stop lying to the people. I mean, we understand the concept of you know, free this, free that. It sounds good. Ideologically, it’s not feasible.” . . .

Bold mine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.