non-catholic lector?

The other day I was attending mass and the lector was a girl I knew. She is not Catholic, but she attends liturgy at the college where we go to school because there are no churches of her denomination anywhere nearby and our liturgy is the closest that of her denomination, even closer than most protestant services.Are non-catholic lectors allowed? I always thought that they weren’t.

If the person is Eastern Orthodox:

1. Catholics may read lessons at a sacramental liturgical celebration in the Eastern Churches if they are invited to do so. An Eastern Christian may be invited to read the lessons at similar services in Catholic churches.

If the person is Protestant:

1. The reading of Scripture during a Eucharistic celebration in the Catholic Church is to be done by members of that Church. On exceptional occasions and for a just cause, the Bishop of the diocese may permit a member of another Church or ecclesial Community to take on the task of reader.

From the DIRECTORY FOR THE APPLICATION OF PRINCIPLES AND NORMS ON ECUMENISM

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.