Non - Catholics Unite ! Victory Can Be Had!

Here’s an idea. All the non-catholics are here for a reason. So, why not just unite against us catholics? You know, strength in numbers.

Now, since we have so darn many denominations present, surely there would be bickering as to what religion to unite under.

Well, there is a solution. All convert and be Shakers ! There are no Shakers here, so no one can claim bias or whatnot. :slight_smile:

Whadaya think ? :smiley:

(I don’t have any alterior motives. I really don’t :stuck_out_tongue: )

I think its a lousy idea. Christ wants us all to be united together, Catholics included.
And actually, it is not strength in numbers, except that where 2 or more are gathered in His name, there He is also. So, the strength is in Him.

Jon

But we don’t identify ourselves primarily as “non-Catholics.” We identify ourselves primarily as Christians, and secondarily as Episcopalians or Pentecostals or Methodists or Orthodox or whatever. Many of us (myself, for instance), consider ourselves to have a lot more in common with Catholics than with many other “Protestants.”

I’d be much more interested in uniting against the Baptists, if there’s any “uniting against” to be done around here!

But hopefully there isn’t–this isn’t supposed to be a wargame anyway, but a discussion board in which we are all seeking to understand the truth more fully.

Edwin

I’m not sure how you can be talking about unity after implying that you deceived everyone as lizs1988…

Not a good idea. I am sure the main reason most non-Catholics are on here is to understand more about the faith, inquire, discuss, and explain why they disagree with parts of the Catholic faith. Just as we try to understand, inquire, disagree with their faiths as well.

It’s not a war to see who right.

#Sigh#

I think you’re joking - but… either way I don’t think we non-Catholics have an agenda to attack Catholics. There are no conspiracies to end the Roman empire and what-not. All in all we are all Christians.

And then we are whatever denomination we are affiliated with. For example, most of us here are Americans first, then Iowans or Tennesseeans or whatever second.

Anyway, just thought I would show my annoyance here. I’m cranky today. By the way, I think it’s a terrible idea.

Peace…

MW

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-cat-greets-dog-at-door.jpg

Sorry. I could not resist. I found this on a cat humor site. I thought it was pretty funny and just could not resist posting here.

Please take this in the humorous manner it was intended. :slight_smile:

Lol, I think I’m sorta out of it. Took me a few seconds to get “dogma”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would not assume most non-Roman catholics are here because they want to learn about Catholicism or have some beef with it. I was a Roman Catholic some years ago, have no particular beef with it, other than disagreeing with some of its dogma, but I really came here for interfaith dialog and couldn’t find sites that have active threads or was civil at all. I landed here as the result and hoped this might be better. The jury is still out in my mind on that. LOL.

Well, you get the gold :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s just humor. Shakers were strict believers in celibacy.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakers

Sorry, I figured more folks here would know about them and get the joke. :shrug:

Shakers rhymes with Quakers and they’re pacifist and sort of weird (the whole sitting in a room with candles thing – I don’t know it’s kind of, well, boring).

Let’s revive the Puritans – I think some burnings at the stake are in order :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nothing like a good bon fire.

Golly you beat me to the post — Shakers are a real thing (and they’re celibate … what do they shake?).

I figured as much. But, the Shakers bit was much less of the post than the other ideas of uniting against the CC and multiple denominations. At least for me, I see so much on both sides that I dislike and I get disgruntled by seeing so many of these kinds of posts that seemingly are real.

Sometimes I just want to throw hands up in the air and say the heck with it - either walk away back to my own hole in the ground or join some Catholic haters who really do exist. Because both sides really, really, really make it difficult to be the Christian we are called to be.

Nevertheless, I still come here to discuss and find common ground. But I try to focus on my relationship with God mostly. And I try to maintain peace with all men. That’s the best I can do.

Peace…

MW

What an idea! Good for a chuckle or two, unfortunately at our neighbor’s expense.

JohnNC stated: “And actually, it is not strength in numbers, except that where 2 or more are gathered in His name, there He is also. So, the strength is in Him.” And since we are gathered here at CAF in His Name, then I think (myself included) that we need to behave as if He were looking over our shoulders as we type out our words. Actually He is if you think about it!

May we all take more seriously that this site is primarily to glorify God and His Church and it’s ministry is to bring souls closer to God, defend the Church and dispell doubts, misinformation, and falsehoods.

Peace,

Gail

AMEN, Brother!!!

I’m assuming the OP was a joke? Kind of funny, but still, I hope it was a joke. If not then I hope the OP is at least too young to chastised too harshly. :confused:

Sheesh, did you even read the thread ?

But you did admit it was kinda funny :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t mean to offend anyone. I just assumed folks still had a sense of humor these days, that’s all :shrug:

I’ll take a self imposed ban from this sub-fora.

Again, apologies to all who were offended.
Goodbye and God Bless all here.

Cool, I’m glad it was a joke. No I usually don’t read the entire thread when I delve into one. I may not have the most elaborate life but I still have somewhat of a life :smiley:

Can you imagine how much time it would take to read entire threads? Anyway … cool – glad it was a joke :slight_smile:

Actually, I consider myself Catholic first, American second, Californian third…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.