Non-leather Monastic Diurnals?

I’ve been praying the LOBVM but looking around I am unsure if it is considered a liturgical prayer. The EF version of the Monastic/Benedictine Diurnal is as far as I can tell, and I’d like to buy one to replace the Little Office. I’m looking into the Monastic Office because I don’t want the order of the Psalms to change much, as I have to say it in Latin for it to be liturgical I rely on memorizing the meaning and I want the same Psalms in the same place generally for Prime and Compline especially. Are there any versions of the Diurnal that aren’t leather-bound that you know of?

Thank you and God bless

I don’t know if any. I have the Farnsborough, and while looking to purchase an MD there weren’t many choices out there.

However, the quality of it is superb. It’s about $70 on the FSSP site, and for a book that you’re going to be flipping through multiple times a day for many years, you’ll want something that’s going to hold up.

2 Likes

It’s not. It’s still fine to pray it though.

The Church in recent decades has tended to encourage more praying of the Divine Office aka LOTH, which is a liturgical prayer.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.