Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe of Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion, dies at 69

washingtonpost.com/national/norma-mccorvey-jane-roe-of-roe-v-wade-decision-legalizing-abortion-dies-at-69/2017/02/18/24b83108-396e-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.2e50e8472b1f

Norma McCorvey, who was 22, unwed, mired in addiction and poverty, and desperate for a way out of an unwanted pregnancy when she became Jane Roe, the pseudonymous plaintiff of the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade that established a constitutional right to an abortion, died Feb. 18 at an assisted-living facility in Katy, Tex. She was 69.

Her death was confirmed by Joshua Prager, a journalist currently at work on a book about Roe v. Wade. The cause was a heart ailment.

Ms. McCorvey was a complicated protagonist in a legal case that became a touchstone in the culture wars, celebrated by champions as an affirmation of women’s freedom and denounced by opponents as the legalization of murder of the unborn.

I had no idea she became Catholic. I pray she has been delivered into the arms of God. May she rest in peace.

She was actively pro-life and never had an abortion.

Ed

Requiescat in pace

May she rest in peace.

Our Father…

Hail Mary…

Glory Be…

I was about to post on this. Brave and courageous woman. May she rest in everlasting glory.

Wonder what left-leaning Holly Hunter, who portrayed her in that mostly atrocious ROE VS. WADE Tv movie, thinks of her decision to reject abortion for pro-life activism and also to stop embracing lesbianism (she identified as lesbian for many years and even had a long-time partner) before joining Holy Mother Church. Oh well.

Through the prayers of the Mother Of God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Praying for the repose of her soul & for her family. I had the opportunity to meet her when I worked for Priests for Life & received her autographed book. She turned her life around & became actively Pro-Life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.