Norway's Lutheran Church embraces same-sex marriage

yahoo.com/news/norways-lutheran-church-embraces-same-sex-marriage-180229679.html

Norway’s Lutheran Church voted on Monday in favor of new ceremonial language that will allow its pastors to conduct same-sex marriages, bringing it into line with several other mainstream Protestant denominations abroad.

Last April the annual conference of the Church - to which nearly three quarters of Norwegians said in 2015 they belonged - backed the principle of same-sex marriages, but did not agree on a wording…

Monday’s decision involved modifying the marriage text to make it gender-neutral, removing the words “bride” and “groom”. The new liturgy will come into effect on Wednesday.

I’m not surprised. What can you do but pray for them. :signofcross:

Praying for others is probably not a bad idea for people of all faiths to do. I do seem to remember something in the book of James about praying for one another. :shrug:

How unfortunate. :frowning:

No surprise there.

Now I realize even more how blessed I am to be Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.