Not a Catholic church

I went to a non-catholic church this pass week end (Sat.) and the CC on Sunday.
My question is this at the non-catholic church they had a baptism the pastor call up the girl and her father and let the father baptized the girl,Can a Father baptize her own daughter.
Can any one give me a Bible verse in support either way,if it is right or wrong.
I can’t find any thing in the Bible saying it is wrong,help please.

[quote=Will Pick]I went to a non-catholic church this pass week end (Sat.) and the CC on Sunday.
My question is this at the non-catholic church they had a baptism the pastor call up the girl and her father and let the father baptized the girl,Can a Father baptize her own daughter.
Can any one give me a Bible verse in support either way,if it is right or wrong.
I can’t find any thing in the Bible saying it is wrong,help please.
[/quote]

The Catholic Church has always aloud baptism by anyone especially during a dire need. All that is need to baptize someone is holy water and the words “I baptise you in the name of the Father and the Son and The Holy Spirit.”

I am not sure right now on the verses in CC but I will look it up.

the ordinary minister of baptism is the bishop, priest or deacon. anyone, even a non-Catholic, can baptize an individual in immediate danger of death if there is reason to suppose the person or his parents would desire baptism. The case you describe would not be allowed in a Catholic Church. Cannot say what rules govern other churches. Presumably the baptism would be valid if the same person who poured the water recited the trinitarian formula.

I am not sure how you cite the CC but I will give it a try.

Artical I The Sacrement of Baptisim

Paragraph V who can Baptize?
1256 The ordinary ministers of Baptism are the bishops and priest and in the Latin Church also the decons. In case of necessity anyone even non baptized persons with the required intension can baptize by using the Trinitarian baptismial formula.

That’s odd…Unless he was a pastor? In that case, I could understand it.
Still odd though!

[quote=Zooey]That’s odd…Unless he was a pastor? In that case, I could understand it.
Still odd though!
[/quote]

Many of these churches have a different view of ministry, they do not see ordination as we understand it. Often anyone of the congregation can preach, baptise, or distribute communion. But then some of them do not teach baptism as ‘necessary’, communion is symbolic, and all can proclaim the gospel (even though they may not intepete it correctly). :frowning:

Kotton

Yes, however, iif a minister not catholic does it the same way a catholic would and with the same intentions, where would he get HOly Water?

Water is the remote matter of valid baptism. It need not be blessed for the baptism to be valid.

I agree that anyone, using any kind of water, may baptize in dire situations. But, preferably it would be done by a priest using holy water.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.