not invited

This past weekend there was a get-together for a friend of mine’s daughter who made her 1st Holy Communion. I don’t want to sound jealous, forgive me if I do, but a lot of my other friends and their families were invited and my family was not. I’m hurt, but I don’t want to say anything, or should I?

Jenny

Get over feeling offended. Send a card anyway. That is the Christian thing to do.

…don’t assume… it could have been the pony express, the message might have been lost…

if not, i would vote no on confrontation… just me though…

Oh my goodness! I can really relate to this right now!

A friend of mine called me yesterday that she was on her way to another friend of mine’s bridal shower- huh? :confused: Uhhh…I didn’t know anything about it!

I felt so left out and sad. These are friends from college and I guess this is kind of the transition phase- I got married three years ago and now have two kids. They are my single sorority sisters from college, so I guess I’m not all that much fun to hang out with anymore :frowning: .

After this ate at me all yesterday, I decided that I wasn’t going to be upset anymore about it. I agree that you should just send a card and try not to take it personally. I got into assuming too much and felt terrible, but now I feel better thinking it wasn’t done to offend me.

I hope you feel better soon:)

Oh my goodness! I can really relate to this right now!

A friend of mine called me yesterday that she was on her way to another friend of mine’s bridal shower- huh? :confused: Uhhh…I didn’t know anything about it!

I felt so left out and sad. These are friends from college and I guess this is kind of the transition phase- I got married three years ago and now have two kids. They are my single sorority sisters from college, so I guess I’m not all that much fun to hang out with anymore :frowning: .

After this ate at me all yesterday, I decided that I wasn’t going to be upset anymore about it. I agree that you should just send a card and try not to take it personally. I got into assuming too much and felt terrible, but now I feel better thinking it wasn’t done to offend me.

I hope you feel better soon:)

Ouch… I know it hurts to be left out. In defense of your friend though, maybe it was a space issue? When we have parties I have to consider my house (small) and sometimes I have to leave some families out because I just don’t have the room - especially when I count kids. A few Catholic families sometimes equals 20 + kids… Maybe that was the case? In any event, don’t ask! It will only embarass your friend. Send a nice card.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.