Not sure if this is the right place for this?

I had a dream last night about praying. I had this thing that looked like a Rosary but it had flowers all over it instead of beads, and the prayers were close to Rosary prayers, but had extra prayers also. It started off just like the Rosary, but in the decades there were lots of extra prayers. Anyone have any idea if something like this exists? Or why I'd even have a dream like this? It was very detailed.

Very interesting. A rosary literally means a garland of roses. I think the story goes that a group of bandits were going to rob a priest when they saw him praying. Every Hail Mary Prayer fell from his lips as roses, and a vision of the Blessed Mother would collect them and wear it… I believe, I could be mistaken. Either way, your dream sounds incredible and you should share more of it :smiley:

A Scriptural Rosary often includes reading of Scripture with each and every bead. That sounds similar anyway. Something like on this page where you see a Bible verse followed by Hail Mary, then Bible verse, Hail Mary, etc… :o

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:3, topic:180807"]
A Scriptural Rosary often includes reading of Scripture with each and every bead. That sounds similar anyway. Something like on this page where you see a Bible verse followed by Hail Mary, then Bible verse, Hail Mary, etc... :o

[/quote]

Yes, it was something like this! Except the first three Hail Mary's were normal when you start, and the beads were flowers. I have no clue why I dreamed this, or what may have caused a dream like this.
Sometimes, you know, when you watch TV or something and see something, then you have a dream later you can figure out that maybe a show you watched caused the dream, or something.. I have no clue what would have caused a dream like this for me.

[quote="xebec775, post:2, topic:180807"]
Very interesting. A rosary literally means a garland of roses. I think the story goes that a group of bandits were going to rob a priest when they saw him praying. Every Hail Mary Prayer fell from his lips as roses, and a vision of the Blessed Mother would collect them and wear it... I believe, I could be mistaken. Either way, your dream sounds incredible and you should share more of it :D

[/quote]

Well these flowers I'm not sure if they were roses or not, unless they were like really open petal roses. Ok, I had to go look lol...
I guess they were roses.. they looked like this:

http://www.ruthgreenfieldcards.com/images/0042%20Open%20Rose%205x7web.jpg

The rest of the Rosary went through the middle of the flower.. kind of like a hawaiian lei or something. I know it was really pretty, and I felt like saying the rosary like this was new but normal and it made me feel good. I woke up thinking about it, and it's been on my mind all day. The dream just seemed really real, if that makes sense.

Sounds like a nice dream. I pray your dream inspires you to draw closer to Mary and to pray like you did in the dream.

Hi Rachel,

How are you? Im not sure what that dream could mean. Although I do know that dreams do have meanings. I have a question for you. Have you ever excepted Jesus as your Lord and savior? Im a Christian. Im not on here to to try to change any ones beliefs or anything like that. I was courious about this website. Im not on here for any negative reasons. Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. That scripture proves that your salvation doesn’t depend on your strength or ability. It depends on Jesus, and His blood is more than able to take care of your salvation.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Jesus was talking about the spiritual rebirth of accepting redemption. When a person becomes awakened spiritually by accepting Christ, they are suddenly made righteous in God’s sight. Righteousness isn’t a way of acting; it’s a spiritual state and simply means that God has accepted Christ’s blood on your behalf. As a new believer, you are in ‘‘right-standing’’ with God{ 1 Corinthians1:30; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians3:9. Righteousness isn’t something you can earn. Noamount of good works will make it happen; it happens because of what JESUS did on the cross. By grace you are saved, not by works. After you have this ‘‘heart experience’’ however, you will naturally start to crave doing good works. A heart change will propel you to make lifestyle changes.Don’t go another day unsure of your precious salvation.
JOHN 3:16 ROMANS 10:9-10{NKJV}.

As a Catholic, she can not accept anyone BUT Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.