Not sure what to do.

Please pray for our family. My wife’s sister is moving to our city. While I understand my wife wanting her here…I am worried that she will try to influence my 8 year old away from the catholic Church…also my sister in law and her family have had financial problems and I’m worried they may have to rely on us for help and we can only do so much to help. Prayers and advice would be so appreciated

First off you have to be strong in your Catholic Faith. Keep your daughter close to you and the church. The other part is to help as you can. But others have to make steps to help themselves. But most of all keep your faith and pray for yours, and for all.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

Praying for your situatio[size=3]n; [size=3]especially for your daughter![size=3] [/size][/size][/size]

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. Sit down and get all this settled with your wife before her sister arrives, about allowing your daughter a lot of contact as well as what you will do for them, including money. Set limits NOW, not when they start asking or when your daughter has already been affected.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t say it mean! :slight_smile: Be on the same page with your wife, that’s the main thing.

The book “Boundaries” by Cloud and Townsend has helped many people sort out what is their responsibility and what is not.

Prayers being said for you!

Set boundaries with your wife now in case you are asked to help financially. This way you and her are on the same page if it comes up. Also keep your faith commitment to your daughter and she will stay. Keep the dialogue open if she has questions about it so she trusts and comes to you first. Good luck.

Wow, I’ll try to remember that one! You hit the nail square on the head, it’s all about boundaries.

Wonderful advice and prayers…thank you all so much.

Remembering you and your family in my daily prayers. God bless!

It’s from the 12 step recovery groups. We have a lot of slogans, we find that in a moment when we can’t trust our own reactions, a quick slogan comes in handy! :slight_smile:

May our Lady protect your daughter and guide her. I pray that you and your family will pray (or will continue to pray) the daily Rosary as a family in order that you all will be strong in faith and will be better protected. May you help your sister-in-law to love God and his Church; may you help her in whatever way possible. May charity prevail in your lives. Amen.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said, “Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.” With confidence in Your loving heart which offers rest to weary souls, we come to You in this time of special need. In Your unfailing love, read the prayer that is written on our hearts, and grant the grace that we ask of You, in accordance with Your holy will. In Your name we pray. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, and sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother, to thee I come, before thee I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but, in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen.

Loving God we ask You to protect the faith and welfare of Joseph Daniel’s family. Please do not permit his sister-in-law to do or say anything that could harm the Catholic faith of his child.Please also ensure that his sister-in-law’s family find reliable employment and financial independence, and respect the needs and rights of other family members

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.