Not the faintest clue what my vocation is

I think that I'm neither charismatic nor assertive enough to be a successful priest; the only intellectual skills I have any sort of talent in are philosophy and theology, but I don't think I'm intelligent or work hard enough to be a professor of any manner.

I've considered becoming a Dominician, but I really haven't the faintest clue. :shrug:

[quote="EphelDuath, post:1, topic:195914"]
I think that I'm neither charismatic nor assertive enough to be a successful priest; the only intellectual skills I have any sort of talent in are philosophy and theology, but I don't think I'm intelligent or work hard enough to be a professor of any manner.

I've considered becoming a Dominician, but I really haven't the faintest clue. :shrug:

[/quote]

You don't have to be super-charismatic to be a priest. One of the priests I know is a former engineer (and us engineers are not exactly known to be the social butterfly type :p).

Just remember, if God is truly calling you to be a priest, He'll give you the tools to become one. A great quote I've heard before to ponder on is "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called".

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.