Nothing immoral here right?

IVF procedures or cloning for animals

If it was a human, then yes it would be immoral.

In regards to an animal I don’t think it is immoral, but it may be.

Not immoral for animals.

:coffeeread:

Correct, as it pertains to animals.

It depends if the animal is Baptized.

Both are imorale for humans.

Humans have tinkered with animal reproduction in many unnatural ways, ranging from mate selection to artificial insemination, and more recently IVF and cloning. In many cases, this has been carried out for good purposes, usually to breed animals with desired characteristics for the benefit of humans. I would guess moral problems arise only when the animals are made to suffer unnecessarily.

Immorality is always based on the radical proof that you do it for your own evil.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand.

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” -Genesis 1:26

To me, this passage answers the question. God gave humanity control over all other animals in the world. I assume this permits all usage of animals; lab tests, hunting/fishing, butchering, milking, transportation, entertainment, and other necessary things.

Oingo Boingo said it best: “Weird science!”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.