Notre dame

Is notre dame's theology or catholic based through an archdiocese

And if not what schools with football teams are based through a archdioces

I believe it is Jesuit run which puts it under SJ and not the diocese. Most universities have an affiliation with a religious order instead of the diocese. I’m not sure what football would have to do with it but that is school run and nothing to do with which religious order oversees the school.

Congregation of Holy Cross, est. 1837 by Rev. Basil Moreau, C.S.C… He sent Rev. Edward Sorin, C.S.C to America 5 yrs later and he founded Notre Dame. Go Irish! :slight_smile:

Boston College is also a Catholic university, and has a football team as well (not a very good one, but they have one all the same). It is a Jesuit institution, not run by the Archdiocese of Boston.

I am a Notre Dame fan myself, but if you want to see something cool, watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeExa2R2nf0

Are y’all aware of any catholic university’s through a archdiocese rather than liberal. And is there a reason why notre dame university isn’t through a archdoicese

I believe Sacred Heart in CT is diocesan run. I don't know of any other. Why do you ask?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.