Nourish Your Heart

The Lord is so good.

I’ve been so down the past five months and I posted a few to ask for prayers from good hearted people here in CAF. There were a few who prayed for me and I am so greatful because I felt loved.

I can say I am in the process of healing from all the pain and loneliness. I am praying very hard that may God help me to change my negative traits and views in life. My constant visit here in CAF helps me to feel blessed and good because in my own little way, which the CA moderators granted, i get to pray for people who needs care just like I do.

Somebody prayed for me and gave me an advice to smile even if its a forced smile. It actually helps. Whenever I smile, i remember that person who told me that and I begin to think about the good things happening in my life. I am not rich, I am actually jobless right now…for other people, there might be nothing special about my life but for me, I am so happy. I feel so good. I am always thinking that God will not leave me in times of despair. I can breathe now unlike before when all I can do is sigh. I dont feel empty anymore because my heart is nourished with God’s love. I hope whoever out there who is experiencing pain will rise and embrace life. I hope we will all learn how to accept things because everything happens for a reason. As i have written, I am in the process of healing. I know it takes time and I am willing to wait…I love the Lord for the Lord is good.

You’ve got a friend in me…anytime…anytime…

Noodles

That is just a beautiful sentiment…thank you for sharing. :smiley:

thank you so much rememberme…i will definitely remember you… :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing your kind and warm thoughts. I’ve remembered the loniliness that you spoke of months agao. I’m glad you’re training you mind and heart towards more positive thoughts, and thoughts that give to others…because you have found the secret!

The following poem “But” was written by a Divine Word Missionary, inspiring us to love of others, even in the smallest gestures of human kindness.

It was only a sunny smile,
And little it cost in the giving;
But it scattered the night
Like morning light,
And made the day worth living.
Through life’s dark warp a woof it wove
In shining colours of hope and love;
And the angels smiled as they watched above,
Yet little it cost in the giving.

It was only a kindly word, a word that was lightly spoken;
But not in vain,
For it stilled the pain
Of a heart that was nearly broken
It strengthened a faith beset with fears,
And groping blindly through mists of tears,
For light to brighten the coming years,
Although it was lightly spoken.

It was only a helping hand
And it seemed of little availing;
But its clasp was warm,
And it saved from harm
A brother whose strength was failing.
Its touch was tender as angels’ wings
But it rolled the stone from the hidden springs
And pointed the way to higher things,
Though it seemed of little availing.

God bless you
Trishie

thanks trishie!!! :slight_smile:
i remember you are one of the “few” im referring to…

God bless you!

Noodles

Are you remaining in China? Since you have no work I wondered.
I admire you for your courage in seeking to grow in such a positive way…you were so sad and lonely…but that comes in waves, doesn’t it. I used to be sad and lonely. I’ve not been for a long while, sad sometimes, but not lonely.

Do you know the Prayer of St Francis?

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life. Amen.

Warmly, Trishie

Also notice the difference in how you feel when you lift your head and look up versus looking down.

St Therese on praying for others.

“It is God’s will that in this world souls shall dispense to each other, by prayer, the treasures of Heaven, in order that when they reach their everlasting Home they may love one another with grateful hearts, and with an affection far in excess of that which reigns in the most perfect family on earth.”

“I have often thought that perhaps I owe all the graces, with which I am laden, to some little soul whom I shall know only in Heaven.” [Saint Therese of Lisieux]

thanks trishie!..i will be staying here til my visa expires. i am not totally jobless…i am working as part time right now and i just take it as “better than nothing” situation (that is mon and wed 6-8pm,sun 9-5…so part-time) iam doing this so that somehow, if ever i wont find a job before my visa expires, i will have enough money for airfare. but im still hoping. i know that one day, there will be good news for me…that one day, the right job will fall into my hands. im really trying very hard to be positive on this point of my life.

thank you very much for the prayer…it really helps lighten the heavy feeling inside.

God bless you

hi debchris!

lifting the head also helps!..thanks…i will remember this my friend!

God bless you!

noodles

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.