Nov. 23 - Wk 1 - Day 3 - "seeking true knowledge of self"

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

The Gospel for today’s Mass is important - as is every Word spoken by Jesus:

Jesus entered the temple area and proceeded to drive out
those who were selling things, saying to them,
“It is written, My house shall be a house of prayer,
but you have made it a den of thieves.”

And every day he was teaching in the temple area.
The chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people, meanwhile,
were seeking to put him to death,
but they could find no way to accomplish their purpose
because all the people were hanging on his words. --Lk 19:45-48

How important for us to hear His Words, continuing our “seeking true knowledge of self”!
We are really in need of knowing ourselves as God knows us, and praying by the power of His Holy Spirit, He will cleanse the temple of our hearts as He cleansed the temple.

This is important not only for us individually, but important for the Church and the world. We are ALL called to holiness; as one grows in Christ, we all grow, but as one weakens we are all weakened. St. Louis de Montfort pondered God’s Word , as Mary did. His writings are filled with references, and in his directions for this week he wrote:

…Let them perform all their actions in a spirit of humility. With this end in view they may, if they wish, meditate on what I have said concerning our corrupted nature… – from paragraph 228, True Devotion

… It is difficult to persevere in holiness because of the excessively corrupting influence of the world. The world is so corrupt that it seems almost inevitable that religious hearts be soiled, if not by its mud, at least by its dust. It is something of a miracle for anyone to stand firm in the midst of this raging torrent and not be swept away; to weather this stormy sea and not be drowned, or robbed by pirates; to breathe this pestilential air and not be contaminated by it. It is Mary, the singularly faithful Virgin over whom Satan had never any power, who works this miracle for those who truly love her. – True Devotion, paragraph 89

Litany of the Holy Spirit
Ave Maris Stella
Litany of the Blessed Mother

Dear Greenfields,

Thanks again for keeping up with us on this journey of 33 days, for reading the posts and clicking on the heart to let us know you are continuing. It is such a blessing to know some on CAF are at least Viewing these threads following St. Louis de Montfort’s preparation to consecrate oneself totally to Jesus through Mary as described in his classic treatise on True Devotion

Please let us continue to pray for one another, for the Church and for all those in most need of God’s Mercy.

im just so grateful for your posting MariaChristi…I may not always find your posts because of the time differences,but I look forward to reading the ones I do catch.God bless :slight_smile:

Greenfields, look at MariaChristi’s profile page. You’ll find her threads there. Then you can bookmark the initial post which will help you keep up with them.

And click “Watching” at the bottom of the page and you’ll be able to see the latest posts made in them.

Dear Greenfields,

Ah, see how the Good Lord provides! Before I could answer, our friend lilypadrees came to help you! :slight_smile: Yes, just go to my profile page under Activity and then under Topics you’ll find my threads.

St. Louis de Montfort continues to help me learn more from Jesus through Mary! Each time I read his treatise on True Devotion, I lean more, from God. Thanks for your company on this journey!

Dear lilypadrees,

Thanks so much for helping Greenfiels. How beautiful is the Body of Christ – when each member is functioning properly, speaking the Truth in Love, the Body builds itself up in Love! (cf Eph 4: 15-16)

You’re very welcome, MariaChristi. I enjoy helping others and just happened to see your thread while perusing the forum.

I’m glad I could help Greenfields and hope this will make it easier for her.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.