Novelists Strike Fails To Affect Nation Whatsoever

tinyurl.com/29e55c

Novelists Strike Fails To Affect Nation Whatsoever

LOS ANGELES—The Novelists Guild of America strike, now entering its fourth month, has had no impact on the nation at all, sources reported Tuesday.

The strike, which scholars say could be the longest since 1951, when American novelists may or may not have voluntarily committed to a six-month work stoppage, has brought an immediate halt to all new novels, novellas, and novelettes from coast to coast, affecting no one.

Nor has America’s economy seen any adverse effects whatsoever, as consumers easily adjust to the sudden cessation of any bold new sprawling works of fiction or taut psychological character studies.

I, for one, had no idea they were on strike. Are you sure about this? How in the world would they organize a strike? Who are they striking against? The readers? The publishers? Doesn’t make sense. Roanoker

Ummm . . . it’s a joke.
Click the link, the story is from The Onion, a satirical news site. I think it was meant to contrast with the whoop-tee-doo over the TV writer’s strike.

I think it is also a satirical comment on the quality of junk coming out. :cool:

If you post a joke, you should say its a joke. Roanoker

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.