Novena for the Church's enemies

Lord Jesus Christ! You commanded Your disciples to love their enemies and to pray for those who persecute them; You again commanded them that, if they wished to be Your disciples, they must deny themselves, take up their crosses daily, and follow You; and You did be for them and for all an excellent example of holiness, for You, when being led to Calvary, did not rebuke Your executioners but instead prayed for them, that they might be forgiven. O Lord, I beg You to give me the graces I need to obey Your commandments and to follow Your example, and may I ever be mindful of the Beatitude “Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of every evil because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in Heaven.”

For our enemies, especially the antichrists

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all the enemies of the Catholic Church, especially on those who lead others away from the truth and are led away themselves by the lies and deceits of the devil. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and fill them with love and mercy, light and peace, strength and courage, that they might turn back to You. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who utter falsehoods against the Church

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who falsly accuse the Catholic Church of many things and utter every kind of falsehood against her. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and lead them to the truth, that they might turn away from lying and decieving. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who make curses against the Church

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who curse the Catholic Church and attempt to put curses on her. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and fill them with a hatred of curses and a love of and longing for Your Mercy, that they might make repair for their evil and turn to You. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who attack the Most Blessed Sacrament

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who attack the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar and cause others to blasphemize against You and profane Your Precious Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and fill them with a hatred of profanity and blasphemy and a longing for You, that they might make repair for their evil and turn to You. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who attack the angels and the saints

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who attack Your angels and saints, most especially the Blessed Virgin Mary, Your Mother. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and lead them to a devotion for the Rosary, that they might turn away from offensive and hatred. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who attack the Holy Father

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who attack Your Vicar and his predecessors and who attempt to thaw the Pope’s intentions. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and fill them with a tender love for the Holy Father and a desire to imitate his good example, as a son has for his own father, that they who once attacked the Pope might become for You instruments of spreading devotion to the Holy Father throughout the world. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who persecute consecrated men and women

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who persecute and kill the consecrated men and women of the Catholic Church, especially the Pope. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and thaw their evil plans, and fill them with a hated for sin and love of You, and let their love for You grow everyday, that they who once persecuted the two pearls dear to Your Heart might become for You instruments of increasing vocations and love for the priesthood and religious life. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who attempt to tear apart the Church

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who attempt to tear apart Your Body, who wound the unity of Christians, and who cause others to leave the Catholic Church. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and lead them to the Sacrament of Love, and fill their hearts with love and mercy, joy and peace, that in coming before You they might become for You instruments of uniting the entire human race in the Catholic Church. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

For those who lead children away from the Catholic Faith

Lord Jesus Christ! For the sake of Your sorrowful Passion, I beg You to have mercy on all those who cause children to be led away from the faith of the Catholic Church and are themselves led away from the truths which You have revealed to Your Church by the lies and deceits of the devil. Convert their hearts, for Your sake, and fill them with Your Spirit, that He might lead them back into Your Church. And at the hour of death, be for them a merciful Savior.

Thank you for this prayer, praying as well.

…{{{Amen}}}…

Amen!

Amen

Mercy My God http://toolan.com/24hr-rosary/24hr-program/rose.gif

Jesus of Nazareth has triumphed over death, his reign is eternal, He comes to triumph over the world and time…
Mercy my God, on those who blaspheme You, forgive them for they know not what they do.
Mercy my God, on those who slaughter your children, forgive them for they do not know you.
Mercy My God, for the scandal in the world, deliver them from the spirit of Satan.
Mercy my God, on those who run away from You, give them a taste for the Holy Eucharist.
Mercy my God, on those who shall come to repent at the foot of the Glorious Cross. May they find their Peace and Joy in God our Saviour.
Mercy my God, so that your Kingdom come, but save them…as there is still time…for the time is near and I Am coming. Amen. COME LORD JESUS. Lord pour out on all the world the treasures of Your Infinite Mercy.

Arise, O Lord, and let Thy enemies be scattered, and let them that hate Thee fly before Thy face! - Psalm 68:1, Numbers 10:35

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into hell satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

*St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God, thrust into Hell satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

O Mary Conceived without Sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

St. Joseph, protect the Sovereign Pontiff Pope Benedict XVI*

Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, cast into hell satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

Dear Lord,

As our Lord Jesus said in Luke, Chapter 24, “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.”

May the Glory and Majesty of our Lord shine through so that all may know that our Lord Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life!

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.