Novena to Saint Monica

There are nine days until the feast of Saint Monica (August 27). All of us are praying for the conversion or return to the Church of many family members, friends, and loved ones. Let’s join together in a novena for them.

Saint Monica, you know the struggle of those who seek to live by faith. By your example and prayers, you led your husband and your son into the way of faith. The difficulties of life did not diminish your confidence in God or your prayer. Pray for me and for all whose faith is tested that we may trust in God and not be overwhelmed or discouraged by life’s bruises but may live in faith and proclaim your generous love in word and deed. Amen.

Post the names of your loved ones whom you would like us to include in this prayer. (Use initials, first names only, “a friend,” etc. rather than full names, to protect privacy.)

Here’s the beginning of my list:

Chris
Kylie
Mike
Jeanne
John
Tom
Kathy
Erin
Justin
Angie
Michelle
Phyllis
Dave

Xiaoqian
Jia
Jarno,
Jyrki
Hannu,
Sari,
Vappu,
Jorma

I’ll join in this novena. May I also mention that there is a thread in the Family Life section devoted to praying for St. Monica’s intercession? It’s called “St. Monica pray for us! Praying for our husbands…” but many there are also praying for children, wives, and other family members. All are welcome to post as much or as little detail as they like. :grouphug:

:crossrc: Novena to St. Monica, day 1, for my DH, family, and friends:

Saint Monica, you know the struggle of those who seek to live by faith. By your example and prayers, you led your husband and your son into the way of faith. The difficulties of life did not diminish your confidence in God or your prayer. Pray for me and for all whose faith is tested that we may trust in God and not be overwhelmed or discouraged by life’s bruises but may live in faith and proclaim your generous love in word and deed. Amen.

For all my children, grandchildren and siblings and families. (too many to list, but God and St. Monica know who they are.)

For all of my family, friends and others who need God’s love, mercy and blessings!

Thank you very much for posting this.

Each of these, D. A. C. T. S. D. M. A. J. I. H. O. B. C. G. E.

Adam
Jessica
Chad

:crossrc: Novena to St. Monica, day 2, for my DH, family, and friends:

Please add these names to the list:

Noah
Kayleigh
Richard
Valerie

Bob
Meghann
Jeff
Kaden
Daniel
Corrie
Melissa
Rachael
Benjamin
Malaika

Thanks for the info!

Please join us in this thread also

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=180212

Ramsey A.
Cade A.
Silas A.
Shani A.
Mike H.
Marissa H.
Christopher H.
Alex H.
Summer H.
Teresa T.
Josh T.
Stephanie T.
Kristie T.
Kristie M.
Ron M.
Kathy C.

St Monica please intercede that the Spirit will bring all these people to the life and the person God desires for them.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

:crossrc: Novena to St. Monica, day 3, for my DH, family, and friends:

Saint Monica, you know the struggle of those who seek to live by faith. By your example and prayers, you led your husband and your son into the way of faith. The difficulties of life did not diminish your confidence in God or your prayer. Pray for me and for all whose faith is tested that we may trust in God and not be overwhelmed or discouraged by life’s bruises but may live in faith and proclaim your generous love in word and deed. Amen. :crossrc:

:crossrc: Novena to St. Monica, day 4, for my DH, family, and friends:

Saint Monica, you know the struggle of those who seek to live by faith. By your example and prayers, you led your husband and your son into the way of faith. The difficulties of life did not diminish your confidence in God or your prayer. Pray for me and for all whose faith is tested that we may trust in God and not be overwhelmed or discouraged by life’s bruises but may live in faith and proclaim your generous love in word and deed. Amen. :crossrc:

Here’s mine:

J, E, S, T, H, E, K, T, M,S, M,

Thanks.

:crossrc: Novena to St. Monica, day 5, for my DH, family, and friends:

Asking for St. Monica’s intercession for the conversion of:

Jason
Andrew
Amy
Matt H
Jennifer
Matt C
Blake
Kateri
Maggie
Jovana
Patty
Matt P.
Ashley
Scott
David
Kelly

and Jan.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.