Novus Ordo and Traditionalist Catholicism?!

I seen lots of criticism from traditional independent catholic churches who tries to stick with Vatican 1, for example on this website shows lots of "errors" of Vatican two which they claim ( mostholyfamilymonastery.com)) are these churches correct? If not, what makes them un correct? Why do they criticize novus ordo and claim we changed our doctrine and the true church traditions and teachings? Is this true?

God Bless

That "monastery" is sedevacantist. I would avoid them.

Very true, but why do they speak against the church? They claim we use candy and chips for communion and stuff

[quote="CharitableFaith, post:3, topic:283080"]
Very true, but why do they speak against the church? They claim we use candy and chips for communion and stuff

[/quote]

Because they have set themselves above Holy Mother Church. They "know better" than the Pope and all our Bishops, and they think the end (luring Catholics away from the Church) justify the means (lies).

Avoid their website, because you know it's dishonest and will only trouble you. But pray for them.

[/quote]

I you are not seeing candy and chips at communion, then you should know enough to ignore these people. Another good rule of thumb is ignore websites that use multi-color, multi-size font changes as if this makes them more true. Or if it sounds like a Jack Chick tract, more on.

The people at this site do not like the disciplinary changes that the Catholic Church has made so they try to make it a doctrinal issue and a conspiracy.

[/quote]

That is the most bogus thing I have ever heard.

Which means it probably actually happened somewhere. But it's still a stupid argument. And it's stupid not only because that sort of thing is relatively rare, but because it's not part of the new form of the mass. It's an abuse. It's something which the new mass does not permit which some people do anyway because they are rebellious and disobedient.

The argument is saying that since some people abuse the new mass, or sometimes because some people who call themselves orthodox Catholics but who most definitely aren't say absolutely stupid stuff and claim that Vatican II supports this stuff despite the fact that Vatican II does no such thing, that Vatican II must be a bad thing.

You cannot say something is terrible because it can be and has been abused, otherwise all children should be strangled at birth because of the sins some of them will commit and all of them could commit if they really wanted to by abusing their free will.

Orange colored fish shaped crackers for the kids. Corn tortilla flavored homemade hosts for the adults. My sisters parish in New Mexico.

To be fair…you know that this is not the norm for the OF.

[quote="roadsend, post:7, topic:283080"]
Orange colored fish shaped crackers for the kids. Corn tortilla flavored homemade hosts for the adults. My sisters parish in New Mexico.

[/quote]

Well nobody receives the Eucharist there then.
They might as well bring a bowl of salsa.

[quote="Annabelle_Marie, post:8, topic:283080"]
To be fair...you know that this is not the norm for the OF.

[/quote]

Yup, I sure do. I also know that this is not the only parish where parishioners have taken turns making the "altar bread" at home and bringing it in for Mass. Some of the gals even had secret recipes. This practice was so prevalent the last time that I visited my sister that there is no way that the bishop could not have known what was going on. I'll bet that I am not the only one on this forum who knows about this practice.

We shall see. I have never heard of this or seen it. In any case it is irrelevant. This is not a change that the Church has established.

I wonder if you of Mr. Dimond would say that the actions of the Occupy Group were justified, or if they stole what they needed from stores if that would be justified, based on the illegal activities of Enron. If that sounds absurd, it is no more so than justifying illicit Traditional Catholic activities and basing the jutification on illicit heterorthodox Catholics.

I spend much more time on trad fora than I do here on CAF - most of the posters at those other sites will readily admit that the Dimond brothers are off their rockers.

[quote="wasserfall, post:9, topic:283080"]
Well nobody receives the Eucharist there then.
They might as well bring a bowl of salsa.

[/quote]

:rotfl:

[quote="CharitableFaith, post:1, topic:283080"]
I seen lots of criticism from traditional independent catholic churches who tries to stick with Vatican 1, for example on this website shows lots of "errors" of Vatican two which they claim ( mostholyfamilymonastery.com)) are these churches correct? If not, what makes them un correct? Why do they criticize novus ordo and claim we changed our doctrine and the true church traditions and teachings? Is this true?

God Bless

[/quote]

If it's any consolation, I heard someone who attends SSPX masses complaining that the Dimond brothers criticize the SSPX. The SSPX is not traditional enough for them and they are telling their folks to not go to SSPX masses. :p

Novus Ordo is traditional Catholicism .

:confused:

[quote="arkwright, post:15, topic:283080"]
Novus Ordo is traditional Catholicism .

[/quote]

[quote="TrueLight, post:16, topic:283080"]
:confused:

[/quote]

I am not speaking for arkwright, but I do concur, the OF (novus ordo), is "traditional Catholicism", in the fact that it is the ordinary litugy of the Chruch.

To me, the hallmark of being "traditional" is obedience to Holy Mother Church and since the Pope says the Missal of Paul the VI is
the **ordinary form *of the Mass in the Roman Rite, how could it not be *"traditional"?**:shrug:

[quote="Oneofthewomen, post:17, topic:283080"]

how could it not be "traditional"?:shrug:

[/quote]

Because that is not the definition of traditional. :)

I have seen this posted a couple of times and I just don't agree.

Here are some definitions of tradition:

1. The passing down of elements of a culture from generation to generation, especially by oral communication. 2. a. A mode of thought or behavior followed by a people continuously from generation to generation; a custom or usage. b. A set of such customs and usages viewed as a coherent body of precedents influencing the present: followed family tradition in dress and manners. See Synonyms at heritage.
  2. A body of unwritten religious precepts.
  3. A time-honored practice or set of such practices.

I don't think the Novus Ordo fits those definitions.

[quote="TrueLight, post:18, topic:283080"]
Because that is not the definition of traditional. :)

I have seen this posted a couple of times and I just don't agree.

Here are some definitions of tradition:

1. A body of unwritten religious precepts.

I don't think the Novus Ordo fits those definitions.

[/quote]

It fits this one, because the Pope said so! :p
And he makes the rules, so following those rules is, by definition, traditional.

[quote="Oneofthewomen, post:19, topic:283080"]
It fits this one, because the Pope said so! :p
And he makes the rules, so following those rules is, by definition, traditional.

[/quote]

Umm okay. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.