Novus Ordo in Latin: Can I find the Ordo Missae online?

My brother’s Priest has decided to begin doing a Novus Ordo in Latin and has asked him to be prepared to know the proper responses, parts, etc…in Latin (he’s the cantor).

I know there are a variety of places to find the Order of Mass (with responses, etc…)written in Latin, but is there an online site I can direct him to so he can begin learning?

Thanks!

latinliturgy.com/id18.htm but it's clunky

home.comcast.net/~acbfp/novusordo.htm this one is a little more aligned

I suggest you copy and paste from these websites into a Word document or something.

oldstmarys.org/sacredliturgy/latinmass.html this may be the best I can find

It is quite difficult to find good versions of the Novus Ordo in Latin online.

That reminds me, I want somebody to make Novus Ordo Latin handmissals.

EDIT: What is this? (Third link) "Or the priest says:

B. Gratia vobis et pax a Deo Patre nostro et Domino Iesu Christo.

The people answer:

Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi."

:confused: That is not done. That "Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi" should just read "Et cum spiritu tuo" like the rest of the greetings.

angilella.it/missa/missa_en2_la.pdf

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:2, topic:347880"]
That reminds me, I want somebody to make Novus Ordo Latin handmissals.

[/quote]

amazon.com/Daily-Roman-Missal-Sunday-Visitor/dp/1612785093/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1386860902&sr=1-1&keywords=daily+roman+missal

I didn't know the OSV Daily Missal had everything in Latin.

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:2, topic:347880"]

EDIT: What is this? (Third link) "Or the priest says:

B. Gratia vobis et pax a Deo Patre nostro et Domino Iesu Christo.

The people answer:

Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi."

:confused: That is not done. That "Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi" should just read "Et cum spiritu tuo" like the rest of the greetings.

[/quote]

No, "Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi" is correct according to the Graduale Romanum (1974).

All the other options are as you say.

[quote="OraLabora, post:6, topic:347880"]
No, "Benedictus Deus Pater Domini nostri Iesu Christi" is correct according to the Graduale Romanum (1974).

All the other options are as you say.

[/quote]

But wasn't that changed with the 2002MR or something? There is no translation of that in the new English translation of Mass. The response to all of the forms of greeting is simply "And with your spirit" or "Et cum spiritu tuo" now, afaik.

[quote="EphelDuath, post:5, topic:347880"]
I didn't know the OSV Daily Missal had everything in Latin.

[/quote]

I don't think it does.

Well, learn something new every day apparently...

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:7, topic:347880"]
But wasn't that changed with the 2002MR or something? There is no translation of that in the new English translation of Mass. The response to all of the forms of greeting is simply "And with your spirit" or "Et cum spiritu tuo" now, afaik.

[/quote]

I just checked the 1975 Graduale Simplex, and the response to Greeting C is indeed "Benedictus Deus..."

It's not in the 2002/2008 Missale Romanum, so I suppose that means the response is only permitted if it's chanted?

[quote="YoungTradCath, post:8, topic:347880"]
I don't think it does.

[/quote]

It does. I have it. It is in the same format as the missals of yesteryear: The Order of Mass is on Latin-English parallel pages; the collects and anthiphons are listed in Latin-English format.

Thanks very much for the links and info!! :)

[quote="EphelDuath, post:9, topic:347880"]
Well, learn something new every day apparently...

I just checked the 1975 Graduale Simplex, and the response to Greeting C is indeed "Benedictus Deus..."

It's not in the 2002/2008 Missale Romanum, so I suppose that means the response is only permitted if it's chanted?

[/quote]

Probably the Graduale will be changed whenever a new edition/updated edition comes out.

I think the reason they changed it is that it is difficult to remember that obscure line that is used nowhere else in the Mass and is not "historical," so to speak.

[quote="Chatter163, post:10, topic:347880"]
It does. I have it. It is in the same format as the missals of yesteryear: The Order of Mass is on Latin-English parallel pages; the collects and anthiphons are listed in Latin-English format.

[/quote]

Well, excellent!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.