Novus Ordo Mass

I’m new here and I can probably guess that these kinds of questions get posted a lot. But I’ll ask. Will the Church ever become more traditional? Even though I’ve never attended the Latin Mass, I would like to. But I just feel as if the Catholic Church has become liberal, but hey I may be wrong! So really, is there hope or chance that the Church will become more Conservative and Traditional?

No, because it is as it is now. The Church is traditional, and the Church is that - the Body of Christ. There is 2,000 years of tradition and custom here, and it’s not gone. It’s hard to find, but it’s not gone.

The men and women in the Church, along with a few priests and vicars, a couple of the bishops and a handful maybe of cardinals have sometimes adopted Protestant and more liberal views. This is where the trouble comes, and then the fact that many laymen aren’t familiar with the teachings of the Church and the catechism.

I don’t know what it has to do with the Novus Ordo Mass. I suggest you google for the nearest TLM, because you will love it. It truly is the most beautiful thing on this side of Heaven, and I go as often as I can. But the Novus Ordo isn’t horrible when offered correctly either. That too, can be an object of great beauty, and even then, it is the most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

Pope Benedict XVI had some wise words on the matter.

He was speaking of the SSPX and the Church’s current Bishops but the same words can be directed to traditionalists and all mainstream Catholics as a whole.

"… The Church’s teaching authority cannot be frozen in the year 1962 – this must be quite clear to the Society. But some of those who put themselves forward as great defenders of the Council also need to be reminded that Vatican II embraces the entire doctrinal history of the Church. Anyone who wishes to be obedient to the Council has to accept the faith professed over the centuries, and cannot sever the roots from which the tree draws its life…"
vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/letters/2009/documents/hf_ben-xvi_let_20090310_remissione-scomunica_en.html

All we can do as laity is pray for our priests to be holy/orthodox in their service to Holy Mother Church.

That is a pretty broad question. Are you talking about things like this:

huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/04/cardinal-dolan-st-patricks-day-_n_5764990.html

I guess it’s just the Novus Ordo Mass that I’m stumped at :shrug:
Yes, I do have Traditional Latin Masses where I live, thanks for reminding me! And I don’t hate the Novus Ordo Mass, It just feels very plain. But hey It’s not the feeling, it’s about the Eucharist at the Mass. That’s what matters.

Well that was simple, the Mass was my only concern when I think about it. I’ll look into Latin Masses now. Anyway though, I’m a young Catholic (Confirmed) and have just started to explore the faith more. What can I do that involves tradition in Catholicism, and Catholicism in general? Things like Devotions, prayer, scriptures, etc. Where should I focus towards? I’m interested in Apologetics too if that helps. Just some input would help. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.