Novus Ordo - Massive Mistake

The Six Protestant Ministers Who Helped Design the New Mass of Paul VI

http://www.mostholyfamilymonastery.com/Paul%20VI%20and%20John%20XXIII%20pictures/sixprotestantministers.jpg

[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The six Protestant Ministers who helped design the New Mass were: Dr. George, Dr. Canon Jasper, Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Kunneth, Dr. Smith and Brother Thurian, representing the World Council of Churches, the Church of England, the Lutheran Church, and the Protestant community of Taize. Their photograph was published in Issue No. 20 of World Trends.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif][/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]The mass recited in many different languages is simply babble. So now, you can have this:[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]http://www.latin-mass-society.org/images/ware/ware0423.jpeg[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Or this:[/font]
[font=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]http://www.novusordowatch.org/newmass.jpg[/font]

Show me the original citation for the first photo.

Not every Novus Ordo Mass looks like that third picture. In my (Novus Ordo) church, Mass looks more like your middle picture, except that the priests don’t face the altar.

**Crazy Internet Junkies Society
**Carrier of the Angelic Sparkles Sprinkle Bag

Latin Mass Society of England and Wales:

http://www.latin-mass-society.org/ware.htm

http://www.latin-mass-society.org/photos.htm

*“Better that only a few Catholics should be left, staunch and sincere in their religion, than that they should, remaining many, desire as it were, to be in collusion with the Church’s enemies and in conformity with the open foes of our faith.” *
[right]–St. Peter Canisius (1521-1597)[/right]

Sanctus! Sanctus ! Sanctus!
http://www.latin-mass-society.org/images/westminster/westcath0405.jpeg

[quote=netmilsmom]Show me the original citation for the first photo.
[/quote]

You can find these photos and others on the Traditio and other Traditional web sites. As to what they prove, I don’t know. There were in fact Protestant observers at Vatican II, who did engage in conversations and attended the various meetings. They did have input in the process and took an active part in the presentations and discussions Those facts are indisputable, and are in the official Vatican documents concerning Vatican II.

As to what, if any influence they had on the outcome, who really knows except those that were there, like Pope Benedict XVI. :slight_smile: Their public statements afterwards though did indicate that they by and large got the results they were hoping for, and thought that a new era in ecumenism would open up as a result…

When I first saw that picture, I tried to Google the information in it.
I can’t find it anywhere except the Latin Mass sites.

Until I see it somewhere else, I doubt it’s authenticity.

[quote=CarolAnnSFO]Not every Novus Ordo Mass looks like that third picture. In my (Novus Ordo) church, Mass looks more like your middle picture, except that the priests don’t face the altar.

[/quote]

Ours too.
In fact our pastors presides over the TLM at our only Indult in a rotation with other priests.

[quote=palmas85]Y. There were in fact Protestant observers at Vatican II, who did engage in conversations and attended the various meetings. They did have input in the process and took an active part in the presentations and discussions Those facts are indisputable, and are in the official Vatican documents concerning Vatican II.

As to what, if any influence they had on the outcome, who really knows except those that were there, like Pope Benedict XVI. :slight_smile: Their public statements afterwards though did indicate that they by and large got the results they were hoping for, and thought that a new era in ecumenism would open up as a result…
[/quote]

Ah HA!
I get it.

Here we go, this utter nonsense rises its head again.

The Mass was promulgated by the Pope. Doesn’t matter who advised on its creation, it is still Catholic.

Just another attack on the Church.

[quote=netmilsmom]When I first saw that picture, I tried to Google the information in it.
I can’t find it anywhere except the Latin Mass sites.

Until I see it somewhere else, I doubt it’s authenticity.
[/quote]

I don’t recall the name of the document issued after Vatican II concerning the council, the attendees and what transpired. I have seen it and read portions of it, but it is lengthy, very wordy and not easy to read. It does name the observers that were there and who they represented. There were photos taken, not just the one posted here, and I think those are, if not all, some of the observers.

There were also several independent books written on the Council and what transpired. They are available at most public libraries, though they may be out of print now.

It is claimed that one of the observers later converted to Catholicism, and wrote several articles concerning what went on at Vatican II. I have never been able to verify that as being true or not.

The Latin Mass Society has done a lot of excellent work.

A lay-led Catholic society, in full communion with the Holy Father Pope Benedict XVI, working towards a restoration of authentic traditional Catholic worship, particularly in Sacred Liturgy, Music and Architecture

This OP gives it a tainted odor which I hope it does not deserve.

[quote=netmilsmom]Ah HA!
I get it.
[/quote]

Yeah, normally these photos get posted to show that the Protestants engineered the Novus Ordo Mass. I don’t think they engineered it, but I do believe that one of the main goals of Vatican II was to attempt to find some common ground between Christians so that re-unification could take place in an relatively painless fashion.

One of the Protestants big objections to Catholicism was the nature of the Mass itself. Luther railed on about it extensively as did most of the reformation types. Protestants always felt that worship services should not be sacrificial in nature and that the Mass being presented in that fashion was close to blasphemy and totally un Christian. They preferred the symbolic representation of the Last Supper.

Regardless of what the motives were, the Mass did undergo radical changes, and it reality, it is not emphasized as being sacrificial in nature anymore. In many ways it does resemble a Protestant service more than a Traditional Mass.

And I say this as one who faithfully attends both Traditional and Novus Ordo masses. I’m sorry, but the truth is the truth.

[quote=palmas85]I’m sorry, but the truth is the truth.
[/quote]

Usually what a speaker who says this means is “MY truth is the truth.”

John

One of the Protestants big objections to Catholicism was the nature of the Mass itself. Luther railed on about it extensively as did most of the reformation types.

LUTHER recanted all of his challenges to the Church on his deathbed, and regretted having ever broken with Rome. Never learnt that, did you?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.