Novus Ordo on DVD

I highly recommend that everyone order this DVD of the Novus Ordo High Mass from the Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church in San Antonio, TX. This DVD will bring tears to your eyes. It is very beautiful and moving. This is what the Novus Ordo mass should really be like.

Here are the links. Take a moment and order this DVD. You won’t be diappointed.

atonementonline.com/dvd/index.php

atonementonline.com/

I agree that it is beautiful but it is not exactly the same as the Novus Ordo Mass. The Novus Ordo is a Mass said according to the 1970 Roman Missal.

The Mass at Our Lady of the Atonement, however, is what is known as an Anglican Use Mass. It is not said according to the 1970 Roman Missal. It is said according to the Book of Divine Worship. The Book of Divine Worship was put together from the 1970 Roman Missal, the 1979 Anglican Book of Common Prayer and the 1928 Anglican Book of Common Prayer.

This Mass is beautiful but it is not something the majority of us are likely to see in our own parishes.

God bless,

James

[quote=drparch]I highly recommend that everyone order this DVD of the Novus Ordo High Mass from the Our Lady of the Atonement Catholic Church in San Antonio, TX. This DVD will bring tears to your eyes. It is very beautiful and moving. This is what the Novus Ordo mass should really be like.

Here are the links. Take a moment and order this DVD. You won’t be diappointed.

atonementonline.com/dvd/index.php

atonementonline.com/
[/quote]

After reading the Anglican Use missal a few weeks ago, I believe it is better than the Novus Ordo insofar as the prayers go. Not to mention the Anglican-Use parishes are few and far between so you’d expect a less amount of liturgical abuses and more Ad Orientem.

As well as… they have not caught the dreaded Inclusive language disease!

“Glory be to God on high,
and on earth peace, good will towards men.”

atonementonline.com/orderofmass/Rite1.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.