Now I'm Really Getting Scared

Back to the doctor this AM because of the ongoing pain in my side. More lab tests, and I am going to have to have a CAT scan, probably later this week. To be honest, I’m freaking out a bit. Also, I have to go to all these appointments alone, and then go into work, which is not exactly a supportive environemtn, and really… I just want to cry right now.

Your prayers, as always, would be very much appreciated!

In Christ,

Francesca

Dear Lord
look after your daughter Francesca heal her and comfort her in her time of great need and worry.Please grant her comfort and healing .I ask this through Jesus Christ Our Lord Amen

Saint Catherine of Siena, patron saint against bodily ills, please intercede for Francesca in her time of illness and fear.

Praying hard for your good health.

praying

Our Father, which art in Heaven
Hollowed be thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day, our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us

Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

Most Loving and Caring Father
Give Francesca the courage she needs during these difficult times.
I ask this in your Sons name Jesus Christ

Thank you all. I am freaking out somewhat less, but I don’t like hearing the words “liver cancer,” especially uttered in a room when I’m the only other person there and I’m sitting on the examining table. I’ve never had a CAT scan but since thankfully my head won’t be enclosed in anything, I won’t get claustrophobic.

I am trying to be reasonable, but cancer runs rampant in my family (including one cousin who died of liver cancer when we were both 27). It’s probably NOT that, but…

Thank you again. I will remember you all in my prayers tonight~

In Christ,

Francesca

Praying for your health.

Dear Lord, look upon your child Francesca with favor. Bolster her with strength, with fortitude, and be her savior, the solid rock she can stand on. Father, you made her, so you know everything about her, her hopes, dreams, and fears. Nestle your child close to your bosom during this hard time. Be with her every moment, and guard her with your holy angels. Lord, with you all things are possible. I ask you to cure Francesca and fill her with your peace and love.

St. Pio, pray for us.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

“Be not afraid, I go before you always”- Jesus
"Pray, Hope, and Don’t worry"-St. Padre Pio

I will put you in my prayers. God Bless.

:grouphug: from all of us your friends.
Love and prayers, Trishie

Francesca,
You are worried its liver cancer… i can understand your fear. I was recently dx’d with liver disease. Does your right upper portion of your stomach hurt? Mine does. I’m overweight and diabetic. non alcoholic fatty liver disease is what i have. or [NAFLD] it can be reated properly by weight loss and healthy diet. Honestly i hope you just have gas pains. But in case you DO have a liver problem i will pray a rosary for you.
God Bless and keep the faith
mary1173:D oh by the way God is always with you every step of the way/COLOR]

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all for the lovely prayers. It has made me feel much less alone and scared.

Update is that the tests they did for liver function are all normal… not even borderline. So I am calming down a bit. I will still be having the CAT scan – even if whatever it is isn’t life-threatening, I do want them to figure out what it is, so it can go away!

The husband of a friend of mine found a loom being given away – I spin and knit, and have wanted to learn to weave – and he grabbed it, thinking of me, so now I have a new and interesting addition to my home sitting in the living room. It’s good to have something to concentrate on! If the pain is stress-related (as my sister the nurse has speculated), then I find that having to really use my brain to figure something out helps.

Thank you all again! God bless you!!

In Christ,

Francesca

And boy did I need a hug! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Me again…

I know that it’s quite possible I’m getting worked up over nothing (or over something manageable), but tonight I’m just a bundle of tears! I finally broke down and took some of the anti-anxiety meds I have; I hadn’t been wanting to take much this weekend since I know I will need them on Monday! But at least it’s stopped the tears.

I went to Adoration and Benediction today, and afterwards I received the Annointing of the Sick from the priest.He also blessed one of my rosaries and a rosary bracelet I have; I’m going to wear the latter on Monday. This parish “hosts” an Institute of Christ the King apostolate and they were having a high Mass at 6, so I went back for that and *their *Benediction. I’ve been very blessed today!

Nonethless, my imagination is running wild. What if I can’t drink the barium? What if my claustrophobia goes off? What if they find something? If I need surgery, who will take and pick me up? Etc., etc… and since work has been crazy lately (people getting fired, people quitting without new jobs even in this economy), this would be a very bad time to get really sick.

At least all my labs are showing that I’m otherwise healthy. But nonetheless, and even after a very spiritually calming afternoon and early evening, I’ve been whacked upside the head with fear. Thank you all for your prayers (and the group hug!!). I’ve been feeling very alone (in the tangible, human sense) and it definitely helps.

In Christ,

Francesca

Francesca,

Liver cancer is usually not associated with pain. It is not typical to have cancer begin in the liver. It is usually metastases from another area.

If you don’t have shortness of breath, you may have strained an inner muscle, given the level of pain, or have a kidney stone, if it is more to the side or radiates to the back.

Can you rest? Maybe you need that the most.

I know, I’m coming with every worst-case scenario in the book. Thanks for the reality check. :slight_smile:

In my calmer moments I do think that if something like that were wrong, something in my labs should have looked off. But still. When the Anxiety Fairy comes to visit, she evicts common sense for a bit.

No shortness of breath. Possible kidney stones, true, although it doesn’t hurt as badly as I’ve heard they do. 'Tis a mystery at the moment.

Rest is an excellent idea. I’m going to get the hot water bottle (heat helps), and curl up in bed with my knitting and a book until I’m sleepy enough to conk out.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

–F

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.