Now What Do I Do???

It’s been an emotional few days. On Wednesday, I found out I didn’t get the job I had been hopeful about. I felt sick. On Thursday, I felt sick and was in severe pain … ER … Acute diverticulitis … Home + 4 meds. On Friday, less pain and an offer of a 6-month contract … yeah! On Monday, feeling better 75%, new job 100%!! Monday night … Car repossessed …
Now what do I do?

Dear God please help me.

How is public transit in your location? Can you take the bus, subway, or taxi? Can you carpool? What about a bicycle or moped? Sometimes you can get used ones cheap.

Joyful, I have no words. Is it possible to carpool? Post an ad on Craigslist and see if there is someone going your way.

Prayers for you…let us know how it works out.

God bless your new contract, and your ability to do this work, hopefully then to have your contract renewed, or to quickly find new employment. God grant you health and peace.
Lord please hear our prayers.

Praying your situation turns around.

Most holy apostle St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of the enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases and of things despaired of. Pray for JoyfulStones who is so needy; make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired. Come to her assistance in this great need that she may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all her necessities, tribulations and sufferings and that she may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

Prayers for you to find a way to work.

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying that the Lord may grant you guidance you in this matter. Also praying for an improvement in your situation.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

The loss of your car was obviously in the works and would have happened in any event. Start from where you are.

Can you carpool with a neighbor?
Can you borrow a car?
Is there a good soul at your parish who might help you until you find a solution?
Is there public transportation?
Could you ride a bicycle to work? (Or to the bus/train)

Continue to pray! Give praise for God’s blessing of a job, thank Him, ask humbly that He continue to help you.

(Is it possible to call your lender and tell them you finally found a job? Ask them to give you just a bit more time.)

:hug1:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

JoyfulStones,

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen.

I’m praying for you. I want to offer you this Express Novena (when the help absolutely, positively has to get there NOW!) that a friend shared with me. It supposedly was a favorite of Bl. Teresa of Calcutta (Mother Teresa):

Express Novena of Nine Memorares

What you do, is
make the sign of the cross,
then state your intentions
then (sincerely) pray the Memorare prayer
then state your intentions again
then (sincerely) pray the Memorare prayer
and you keep doing this until you have
stated your intentions
and recited the Memorare
nine times.

*Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.*

Praying for you…

Praying.

Most holy apostle St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of the enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many, but the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases and of things despaired of. Pray for JoyfulStones who is so needy; make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired. Come to her assistance in this great need that she may receive the consolations and succor of Heaven in all her necessities, tribulations and sufferings and that she may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O blessed Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.