NPR fired Juan Williams / Airplane Boarding - Fear of Muslims

google.com/search?q=juan+williams+npr+fired&rlz=1I7ADBR_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7

If he had said the same thing about a Catholic priest wearing a white collar and the sex abuse scandal, NPR would have yawned.

So, are moderate Muslims also guilty for being anxious around the radicals? El Al Israel airlines has never been hijacked. How can this be, since they do not search for bombs? Simple: They look for bombers. So, that which saves Israelis gets Mr. Williams fired?

Interesing–I’ve always thought that J.W. was fairly liberal in his leanings. Oh well…he spoke the truth about his own feelings, and NPR found that truth to be inconvenient.

Then again, maybe it was the forum on which he spoke that truth.

DaveBj

Yes, I too get more alert when I'm on an airplane and see muslim men on the same plane with me.

"Political correctness can cause people to become so paralyzed that they don’t deal with reality" Juan Williams

[quote="JVSantos, post:5, topic:216922"]
Yes, I too get more alert when I'm on an airplane and see muslim men on the same plane with me.

[/quote]

Fortunately, the last time I had to fly anywhere was before 2001. Nowadays, I don't have to go anywhere except personal destinations, and I drive there.

Back on topic, they were saying on NPR today that Williams signed a $2M contract with Fox News. Must be nice...

DaveBj

No they wouldn’t. Let’s be fair and accurate. They’d have given him an hour and a half prime time show. Yawned? I think not.

LOL :smiley:

Defund NPR. Period.

[quote="DaveBj, post:4, topic:216922"]
Interesing--I've always thought that J.W. was fairly liberal in his leanings. Oh well...he spoke the truth about his own feelings, and NPR found that truth to be inconvenient.

Then again, maybe it was the forum on which he spoke that truth.

DaveBj

[/quote]

He is fairly liberal but being fairly liberal doesn't mean completely outside reality. Any thinking person would have concerns if a group of obvious Muslims (especially young men travelling in a group) got on a plane. Williams is no different than anybody else, but you know what, I'd be more scared if I had to sit next to Whoopee Goldberg! Yikes!

His former boss at NPR said that Mr. Williams’ statement would have been appropriate to make to his psychiatrist! That sounds actionable to me.

[quote="JRRTFAN, post:9, topic:216922"]
He is fairly liberal but being fairly liberal doesn't mean completely outside reality. Any thinking person would have concerns if a group of obvious Muslims (especially young men travelling in a group) got on a plane. Williams is no different than anybody else, but you know what, I'd be more scared if I had to sit next to Whoopee Goldberg! Yikes!

[/quote]

LOL...and not just because she's a comedienne.

[quote="po18guy, post:10, topic:216922"]
His former boss at NPR said that Mr. Williams' statement would have been appropriate to make to his psychiatrist! That sounds actionable to me.

[/quote]

Agreed. I listen to a lot of NPR during my work-days, and this action against JW doesn't match the reasonable image that they usually [try to] project.

[quote="DaveBj, post:11, topic:216922"]
LOL...and not just because she's a comedienne.

Agreed. I listen to a lot of NPR during my work-days, and this action against JW doesn't match the reasonable image that they usually [try to] project.

[/quote]

Whoopee ain't funny, she's scary! Big time scary.

[quote="JRRTFAN, post:12, topic:216922"]
Whoopee ain't funny, she's scary! Big time scary.

[/quote]

Does anyone know WHY she is called Whoopie? I'll tell ya............

Her best friend gave her the nickname------supposedly because whenever she "Passes Gas," it sounds just like a Whoopie Cushion. I guess she "Passes Gas" a lot because the nickname stuck. :eek:

Yeah, she's scary indeed. Good Actress and Comic Performer, though.:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.