Nuns who Nurse?

Does anyone know of any nuns who still wear the full habit and who's charism is Nursing?
Thanks
God Bless

These all wear the traditional habit and have a nursing apostolate:
Little Workers of the Sacred Hearts
Servants of Mary, Ministers to the Sick
Carmelite Sisters for the Aged and Infirm

Oh! When I first read the title I thought it meant nuns who breast feed! I was like HUH??!! Lol!!

I've been compiling such a list:

cloisters.tripod.com/us_nursing/

Or…are you not in the US?

Blessings,
Cloisters

[quote="105lynne, post:3, topic:277143"]
Oh! When I first read the title I thought it meant nuns who breast feed! I was like HUH??!! Lol!!

[/quote]

Rofl! I thought the same thing! Of course, I'm pumping as I read this...

I can think of another community, the Sisters of Mercy of Alma.

They wear a dark brown (or black) midlength dress and a short veil.

They do have a website, but the address escapes me at present.

Probably better if you google the name.

They have a lot of young vocations.

Forgot to say that if you are attracted to a community that doesn’t wear a habit, check with the vocations director about what their constitutions state in this regard. Many of them say “clothing appropriate to the ministry” but they choose civies over the habit.

Blessings,
Cloisters

[quote="piparadiso, post:1, topic:277143"]
Does anyone know of any nuns who still wear the full habit and who's charism is Nursing?
Thanks
God Bless

[/quote]

Carmelite sisters of the Sacred Heart of Los Angeles carmelitesistersocd.com/
do healthcare as well as teaching, they all wear full habits and the sisters who are nurses wear their full habit just like the "old days" :) I had the pleasure of visiting their convent on retreat---I loved it and wish God had said "this is the place for you" it was so beautiful and wonderful!!!

[quote="105lynne, post:3, topic:277143"]

[/quote]

OH HAHAHA! ya i probably should have picked a different title...lol

Thank you all! you are so helpful :slight_smile:
God Bless <3

That’s what I thought…I was wondering…how can that work?:o

You could take a look at the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Mishawaka, Indiana, or the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis in Peoria , Illinois. The Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George in Alton, Illinois have nursing as part of a wider range of ministry. Almost forgot the Hawthorne Dominican Sisters, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and the Olivetan Benedictine Sisters. God bless1

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.