Nunsense

My wife and I just got back from seeing Nunsense. Oh my goodness! I was in stitches from the get go --- when Sister Mary Regina, the Mother Superior clicked her little clicker to get our attention, I was back in first grade. She saw me laughing, and pointed at me and said, "He understands!"

Sure, it has its saucy moments, but still somehow it brought me back to my incredibly love for the nuns who guided me as a grade school kid. They weren't all black habits and starched wimples. I helped me to realise that they too had their silly moments, and hopes and dreams.

I have to wonder, though, has any Catholic press ever reviewed the show? While I am sure that some people have condemned the show, I'm sure that the commentary has been positive

God bless

Tony

The USCCB probably has a review on their site! :slight_smile:

[quote="LoyalViews, post:2, topic:196165"]
The USCCB probably has a review on their site! :)

[/quote]

They don't but I was surprised to see that Bill Donahue of the Catholic League had a bit to say about the "men in drag" version called Nunsense A-men. Sigh -- I usually agree with him, but I don't think he's getting it right this time

God bless

Tony

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.