NY Nurse Forced to Help with Abortion Files Another Suit against Hospital

NY Nurse Forced to Help with Abortion Files Another Suit against Hospital

Alliance Defense Fund attorneys filed a lawsuit Friday against Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York state court, on behalf of a nurse forced to participate in a late-term abortion procedure under threat of disciplinary action, including possible termination and loss of her license.

The state suit was filed in addition to pro-life nurse Cathy Cenzon-DeCarlo’s federal lawsuit, which is on appeal, because her rights of conscience are also protected by New York law.

“Pro-life nurses shouldn’t be forced to assist in abortions against their beliefs,” said ADF Legal Counsel Matt Bowman. “It is illegal, unethical, and a violation of Cathy’s rights of conscience as a devout Catholic to require her to participate in terminating the life of a 22-week pre-born child.

"It was not only wrong, it was needless.”

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/apr/10043002.html

This is what is going to keep happening in many parts of the Country.

One of the things our Bishops were concerned about was a lack of a "Conscience Clause" in the health care bill that passed.

The 80 Nuns and CHA who sent a letter to Congress in favor of the bill, did not care.
This is why we must be vigilant - which Order teaches our Children.

[quote="WatchingMedia, post:2, topic:196952"]
This is what is going to keep happening in many parts of the Country.

One of the things our Bishops were concerned about was a lack of a "Conscience Clause" in the health care bill that passed.

The 80 Nuns and CHA who sent a letter to Congress in favor of the bill, did not care.
This is why we must be vigilant - which Order teaches our Children.

[/quote]

Does the healthcare bill block reserved rights for individual states to draft legislation in respect of a conscience clause?

Lifesite News>

Administrators at Mt. Sinai Hospital threatened DeCarlo with disciplinary measures in May 2009 if she did not honor a last-minute summons to assist in a scheduled late-term abortion.

:compcoff: Link: lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/apr/10043002.html

:bible1:
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just,
to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all iniquity.
I John 1:9

+Until fairly recently I worked full time as a member of the staff of the College of Allied Health Professions at the University here in our city . . . which houses a School of Nursing * . . . and two of my extended family members are dedicated registered nurses* . . . and while I have the greatest compassion for this dear young woman as a child of God . . . according to the above article and the articles cross referenced in the article . . . while . . . indeed . . . this nurse was evidently being lied to as to the so called “emergency” . . . life-threatening-to-the-mother . . . nature of the medical sitution . . . as well as being unethically and illegally pressured and coerced by a powerful well financed hospital under the threat of losing her job and loss of her nursing license and other acts of retribution by the hospital should she refuse to obey the orders of her superior within the hospital . . .* evidently this nurse ***. . . as a Catholic Christian . . . clearly knew and understood that this surgical assignment within the hospital was a scheduled . . . **late-term abortion procedure **. . . and knowing this . . . should anyone else in the medical profession reading this thread be placed in a similar tragically difficult position . . . that was the specific time in this situation . . . by God’s Grace in Faith . . . to absolutely refuse the dishonorable murderous request . . . and to simply and absolutely say . . . NO . . . and no matter how difficult it is . . . to simply walk away . . . not only from the assignment . . . but if necessary . . . in the final conclusion of the situation . . . from both the job and the hospital . . . living and walking by Faith alone . . . trusting in . . .Jesus our Wonderful Lord. . . as her **Heavenly Shepherd **. . . to take care of her and her household . . . for truly when God closes a door . . . **He **always opens a new window . . . and yes . . . I’ve have been placed in somewhat similar situations . . . *three times actually over the years *. . . and by God’s grace . . . followed the Lord’s leading . . . and in **His **strength absolutely refused to cooperate with evil . . . trusting implicitly in Jesus my Lord . . . and God has wonderfully provided all my family’s true needs . . . all praise to His Wonderful Holy Name!

*May God bless, embrace and heal this dear nurse’s heart and the deep wounds inflicted to her soul through her participation in this evil tragic killing of a living child . . . and may God strengthen her in the wholesome goodness, health and beauty of her chosen Wonderful Catholic Faith . . . and deepen her resolve to live henceforth completely for God no matter how the world may try to coerce and force her to do otherwise . . . :gopray: . . . Hail Mary . . . full of grace . . . the Lord is with thee . . . blessed art thou among women . . . and blessed is the **fruit **of thy womb. . . Jesus . . . Holy Mary . . . Mother of God . . . pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death . . . Amen . . . *

[INDENT][INDENT]:bible1: For the justice of God is revealed therein, from faith unto faith, as it is written: The just man liveth by faith. 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those men that detain the truth of God in injustice: - Romans 1:17-18

:bible1: 36 For patience is necessary for you; that, doing the will of God, you may receive the promise. 37 For yet a little and a very little while, and he that is to come, will come, and will not delay. 38 But my just man liveth by faith; but if he withdraw himself, he shall not please my soul. 39 But we are not the children of withdrawing unto perdition, but of faith to the saving of the soul. - Hebrews 10:36-39[/INDENT][/INDENT][RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+
. . . Sacred :heart: Heart of Jesus+
. . . have mercy+

:signofcross:[/RIGHT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.