O Lux Beata Trinitas

This may be a longshot, but I’ve heard a version of this piece on a website - FrZ’s blog WDTPRS?, on his podcast, but I can’t figure out what album version it is, despite searching on Amazon and itunes.

The podcast is here, you can listen immediately to it. The version of this song is at 00:21:40. Several versions are listed on the page, yet I can’t figure it out.

I don’t even know what instrument that is!

If someone can take the time to look into this for me, I’d be most grateful!

The blog page is here, complete with the podcast on the same page with the details:

wdtprs.com/blog/2009/02/podcazt-78-a-vespers-hymn-dissected-o-lux-beata-trinitas-fr-z-on-the-sspx/

I don’t really understand what your question is.

The “O Lux Beata Trinitas” played at 00:21:40 on the podcast from that link is by Fayrfax. It comes on an album named *Fyrfax: Missa Tecum Principium *by a group called Cardinall’s Musick, an English vocal ensemble.

You can download it on iTunes right here.

The instruments you hear are recorders.

Does that help any?

Thanks that’s perfect. :thumbsup:

Haha, cool. Glad I could help. :wink:

Only one slight snag - I am in the UK. My UK itunes doesn’t have that record, yet the US one does. When I go to the US one, it says my account is only valid for the UK and takes me right back where I came from! There may be a way round that though…

Passus, I am thinking, perhaps you can help me further: I am looking for a record of medieval music, and the recorders are beautiful such as were on the piece I linked to, and is exactly the kind of thing I am after. I wonder if you could recommend an album from any artist for me? I am really not very knowledgeable at all, so I would value greatly any recommendations.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.