Obama Admin Blocks Texas' De-Funding of Planned Parenthood

Obama Admin Blocks Texas’ De-Funding of Planned Parenthood

Washington, DC – The Obama administration has turned down a request from Texas to run a family its Title X family planning program, funded with federal taxpayer dollars, without funding the Planned Parenthood abortion business.

lifenews.com/2011/12/12/obama-admin-blocks-texas-de-funding-of-planned-parenthood/

The question is why do so many Catholics support Obama who is as pro choice as anyone.

I think most people were caught up with electing the first black president. Also many people are easily swayed since they do not have the proper formation.

Obama is a smooth talker and mixes lies with the truth.

Because so many so-called Catholics are just as pro-abortion as Obama is. That is a product of the “Seamless Garment” theology that was in vogue up until very recently. So-called “social justice” was viewed as equally important if not more important than being pro-life.

Admittedly, this would never be expressed in so many words.

But if you think back not all that many years…just compare how many homilies you’d hear about “social justice” issues vice how many you’d hear about “pro life” issues.

Not every parish. Not every diocese. But a whole bunch of them.

Or look through your kid’s CCD textbook. Compare how much coverage is given to pro-life issues there versus “environmental justice” or the like… (I am thinking about the “Call to Faith” series…your mileage may (and I hope does) seriously vary)

I still have yet to hear anything preached on abortion in our parish. Oh, Father may make a weak attempt on Pro-Life Sunday, once a year, but you can tell he really HATES to have to bring it up.

:mad:

there is no love lost between our Texas Governor and the current POTUS.

They don’t speak up about it because they are worried they will get less in the collection plate. It’s about money.

The ironic thing is that every year the collection gets smaller. We need strong shepherds! The sheep will come.

The harvest is plenty but the laborers are few…

I give less to that parish and more to my local pro-life coalition that is saving babies from death every day.

:shrug:

If Father would speak up I would gladly increase my contribution.

from the article to clarify the funding issue:

Cindy Mann, director of the federal agency, wrote a letter to Texas officials today saying its request is a violation of the federal Social Security Act.

“We want to be very clear [that] Medicaid does not pay for abortions and will not pay for abortions,” Mann told the Tribune. “We indicated to the state today [that] their proposal violates the longstanding law.”

Mann told the newspaper the Obama administration would allow Texas to continue de-funding Planned Parenthood until March, by which the state would have to work with federal officials to determine how to move forward.

“We’re very much interested in continuing discussions with them on having a longstanding renewal of the family planning demonstration program,” Mann said. “…The issue here is not whether Medicaid funding is involved but whether the state can restrict access to a qualified health provider simply because they provide other services Medicaid doesn’t pay for.”

Same reason why a percentage of Catholics use contraception and cohabitate - lack of catchesisis.

About sums it up.

Peace

“We’re very much interested in continuing discussions with them on having a longstanding renewal of the family planning demonstration program,” Mann said. “…The issue here is not whether Medicaid funding is involved but whether the state can restrict access to a qualified health provider simply because they provide other services Medicaid doesn’t pay for.”

Why support a service that is so limited in scope?

This could not be a surprise after the Obama administration argued in court on the side of Planned Parenthood in their suit against Indiana for defunding any organization that also performed abortions. We are still waiting for the court’s decision.

For sure, but also a refusal to accept what they were taught. Many young people have received a mixture of messages from home and church. Many large city public schools have a majority of children without fathers at home.

At some point an adult has to fess up and seek out Truth. Poor catechisis is a good excuse for kids, teenagers and young adults, not for middle aged adults who have a responsibility to the lives of others.

I think Texas and every other state should use the similar reasoning for funding that the federal HHS used for the trafficing grants.

Preference will be given to those health facilities that provide comprehensive care to their patients.

(Puts on liberal cap.)

Well, duh…

If you want to limit the number of abortions you have to fund abortion clinics…

(Takes off liberal cap and burns it.)

But unfortunately not everybody seems to have that instinct to search out what the Church actually teaches.

Its not instinct. Most of the time it is intellectual laziness. See, when you admit that your don’t know or understant the Truth, then you are (or should be) compelled to FIND the Truth. The easy way our is to take the emotionalist approach and say “That is what I believe to be true”. Then you don’t have to actually do anything,

Right, this is a couple days old on Obama though no? I heard this. Kinda surpized he’s involved in the individual states now. I don’t see that, though I may be wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.