Obama Admin Forces Military Hospitals to Stock Morning After Pill

Washington, DC – Late Thursday, the Obama administration issued a new order for the U.S. military requiring all military hospitals and health centers to stock the morning after pill. The Department of Defense will soon begin having military medical facilities stock the Plan B drug, which can sometimes cause an abortion.

lifenews.com/nat5967.html

Since military hospitals have been performing abortions for decades, I can only wonder what took them so long? :frowning:

**We sure don’t want the brave soldiers who defend our freedom to have beautiful babies

We might end up with more noble & selfless citizens!!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Por Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Bush prohibited all overseas military hospitals from performing abortions or offering morning after pills.

Obama also recinded that Executive Order within his first week in office :frowning:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but no one is forcing these people to use the “morning after pill”. Its strictly available for those who want it and those who chose to use it probably know no God anyhow so your not going to change their minds.

When I served in an overseas command, the girls were merely sent to a U.S. hospital.

Military hospitals aren’t allowed to perform abortions. Not to say that someone may have been snuck in to the OR for a D+C for abnormal bleeding, though.

The ‘morning after pill’ is no more than taking a higher dosage of oral contraceptives. It is marketed as more than that, but that is just for money/market position reasons.

It works by preventing ovulation. If a pregnancy has already occurred, it won’t cause an abortion.

This is different than RU-486- which does cause abortions. RU-486 is not the same thing as the morning after pill.

Tiger,

All oral contraseptives are abortive, this is part of their function. Primarly to attempt to prevent ovulation, but failing that to chemically abort the child. The morning after pill, being a higher dosage, is more likely to result in abortion.

You are correct that the primary function of oral contraceptives (from the standpoint of pregnancy prevention: there are other uses for oral contraceptives) is to suppress ovulation. It is not correct that oral contraceptives chemically cause abortions. It was at one time theorized that oral contraceptives effect on the lining of the uterus made implantation less likely, or impossible. While it is true that the lining of the uterus is thinned while on OCP’s, a thinned lining does not prevent implantation. Also, if while on OCP’s one ovulated, then during that time, the lining of the uterus would have been exposed to the various hormones of the menstrual cycle, and it would not have been thinned as before. Lastly, there are many women who become pregnant while on OCP’s and continue them during pregnancy (not knowing they are pregnant) and deliver happy healthy babies.

Regarding your comment about morning after pills: Again you are correct that the intent of these pills is to suppress ovulation. Your comment regarding preventing implantation is still not completely answered. Initially, research suggested that, yes, implantation was inhibited, but later research now suggests that may not be true. Best guess right now is that it probably does not affect implantation- but that is not known for sure.

How sickening. :(:mad: But yet this is so totally not surprising. I figured they already stocked the morning after pill before I heard about this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.