Obama Administration to Issue Decree on Transgender Access to School Restrooms

WASHINGTON — In the middle of a legal fight with North Carolina over transgender rights, the Obama administration is planning to issue a sweeping decree telling every public school district in the country to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms that match their gender identity.

The letter to school districts that will go out Friday describing what they should do to ensure that none of their students are discriminated against, signed by officials of the Justice Department and Department of Education, does not have the force of law. But it contains an implicit threat: Schools that do not abide by the Obama administration’s interpretation of the law could face lawsuits or a loss of federal aid.

The move is certain to draw fresh criticism, particularly from Republicans, that the federal government is wading into local matters and imposing its own values on communities across the country that may not agree. It represents the latest example of the Obama administration using a combination of policies, lawsuits and public statements to change the civil rights landscape for gays, lesbians, bisexual and transgender people.

nytimes.com/2016/05/13/us/politics/obama-administration-to-issue-decree-on-transgender-access-to-school-restrooms.html?_r=1

Fundamentally change America.

How come I am the only one who saw the danger in electing him? And I am talking about his abortion stance (letting abortion survivors not get medical care)

Trouble is, despite this, people still don’t see the danger of having elected him. :shrug:

What happened to the states standing up to the federal govt over stuff like this? The individual states used to fight the feds every chance they get on issues, but nowadays, it seems like they are all in bed together and way too friendly with each other.

Ive noticed this especially in law enforcement, I have a few friends that are retired cops, one is a state trooper, back in their days, they said local law enforcement hated when the FBI would want to get involved in something, usually the local police depts tried to fight them from taking over or assisting, or withheld important information, but like above, it seems nowadays, city and state police forces almost welcome FBI help, and they would definitely not try to keep them from getting involved.

I guess this is just the way things are now…just seems strange it used to be completely different

:

:thumbsup:

Wow, he won’t even let the states decide!

I thought it was bad enough with just Target, but now, it will be everywhere.

I have a friend of mine who plans on going to Target with his own form of protest. He says he will say he identifies as a 70-year-old man and therefore wants his senior discount!

People are stubborn. It’s more important to “stick it to the republicans” than to do anything to fix the situation…

Yea, cause I’m sure that will really help unite your Country *Sarcastic. *

Very foolish thing for him to be doing, he obviously has totally disregarded the many legitimate and serious concerns. If I received that letter I would just put it into the bin where it belongs and keep following the same common sense procedures that sees men using men’s bathrooms and change rooms and vice versa regardless of how they ‘identify’.

If you have the ‘downstairs’ stuff, you know what room you should be using.

It’s such a joke that this could be coming from the president and threatening to be enforced federally.

“For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Exactly, common sense just isn’t common anymore. :frowning:

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

I wonder if Mr. and Mrs. Obama would let their teenage daughters follow a man into the women’s bathroom by themselves if there wasn’t any Secret Service Protection?

The Obama administration is planning to issue a sweeping decree telling every public school district in the country to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms that match their gender identity.

Public schools. So I guess he doesn’t have to worry about his daughters since they go to a private school.:shrug:

“Give me bathrooms or give me death!” :rolleyes:

When future students of American history read about this period, they’ll seriously wonder if what they’re reading is authentic sources or just satire. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know what choosing a bathroom to use has to do with getting an education.

I guess it’s easier to cry out from the balcony of the White House to the commons: see, you’re all now equal on these social issues like marriage and toilets than improving basics like public transportation, fixing roads, access to fresh unpolluted water or establishing a Living Wage or a higher Minimum Wage for all.

If there were ever anytime to speak out against the government, NOW is the time. Anyone up for a Cease and Desist Order? because Obama is unconstitutionally writing laws, acting similar to a King.

The world is falling apart at the seams and Americans are told to focus on who uses which restroom.:rolleyes:

I think this will be challenged through the courts. Such a Decree could be made mute by the next President presumably.

Gov. Abbott:

I announced today that Texas is fighting this. Obama can’t rewrite the Civil Rights Act. He’s not a King. #tcot

twitter.com/gregabbott_tx/status/730968042281144320

We need to stop sending tax dollars to the Feds just to have them give back what they think we should have. This lets the Federal Govt use federal funding as a weapon to bludgeon the States and local government into doing what they want.

Just saw this on the news this morning and I’m already worrying about what may happen in these last 10 days of school.

Fortunately, the one student I have no doubt would use this decree to take advantage of the younger girls was suspended yesterday for targeting a first grader with some obscene insults. And thanks God for giving that first grader the courage to come forward and report the problem!

Anyway, we have a few days to put a plan into place. I know we don’t HAVE to follow Obama’s recommendations, but if a student like the one above complains – no matter how nefarious his intentions are – we could all be facing a lawsuit! :mad:

I saw this on the news this morning, and I lack the emotional capacity deal with the amount of rage it induced in me. Hopefully the courts overturn this immediately, because it is just plain evil, and show a complete and utter content for, and denial about, reality.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.