Obama Administration Will Challenge Arizona Immigration Law

As Hotsheet reported yesterday, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a television interview in Ecuador this month that the Obama Justice Department “will be bringing a lawsuit” against the controversial Arizona immigration measure signed into law earlier this year.

The comment was striking because both President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder had said only that the administration was considering a suit. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer called Clinton’s comments stunning and added that “to learn of this lawsuit through an Ecuadorean interview with the secretary of state is just outrageous.”

It was unclear yesterday whether Clinton’s comments were simply a prediction or mistake or whether instead she was getting ahead of a planned announcement by the administration.

cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20008171-503544.html

It goes without saying that it is extremely bad form that the Obama administration told Ecuadoreans before notifying the Governor of Arizona.

You know what they say: :“What happens in Ecuador, stays in Ecuador”.

Just remember: all spending bills originate in the House of Representatives. So, if the Tea Party folks and the 9-12 folks get their act together for November (and for the primaries before that), then maybe the House can cut the budget for the State Department’s salaries.

Gee, here we are with all of that oil floating around in the Gulf of Mexico and destroying large parts of the Louisiana fishing grounds for the next 5,000 generations, and Barry & Gang are taking bold, stringent action to…file suit against the State of Arizona.

Ohhhh-kay, then. Yep, it seems that Mrs. O’s little boy is right on top of things in his usual inimitible fashion. :rolleyes:

What kind of grades did he get at Harvard again? Oh, that’s right—he sealed the records so nobody knows what kind of grades he got. Judging from the amount of native intelligence he’s shown thus far, I can see why he did.

[quote="Wolseley, post:3, topic:202395"]
Gee, here we are with all of that oil floating around in the Gulf of Mexico and destroying large parts of the Louisiana fishing grounds for the next 5,000 generations, and Barry & Gang are taking bold, stringent action to.......file suit against the State of Arizona.

Ohhhh-kay, then. Yep, it seems that Mrs. O's little boy is right on top of things in his usual inimitible fashion. :rolleyes:

What kind of grades did he get at Harvard again? Oh, that's right---he sealed the records so nobody knows what kind of grades he got. Judging from the amount of native intelligence he's shown thus far, I can see why he did.

[/quote]

I hear that at Harvard, they actually teach you to walk and chew gum at the same time, but I may have heard wrong....

[quote="seekerz, post:4, topic:202395"]
I hear that at Harvard, they actually teach you to walk and chew gum at the same time, but I may have heard wrong....

[/quote]

:D:D

Would that be equivalent to being able to address a fourth grade class without a teleprompter? :D

Obama can’t walk and chew gum at the same time, he must have missed that class. LOL

I can relate. I had a fourth grader at home who constantly threw my own words back at me (after a little artful reinterpretation). Unfortunately I couldn’t afford a teleprompter and there’s not enough space on my palm… :smiley:

Are they also planning on challenging the federal law that SB 1070 mirrors? You know, the one that’s been around for the last 50 years or so?

[quote="seekerz, post:7, topic:202395"]
I can relate. I had a fourth grader at home who constantly threw my own words back at me (after a little artful reinterpretation). Unfortunately I couldn't afford a teleprompter and there's not enough space on my palm.... :D

[/quote]

:D:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.