Obama and Romney hit the final stretch

washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UIPaDIVvZFV

Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner.

Romney isn't spending much time or money in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican presidential candidate since 1988.

Every other Pennsylvania poll shows Obama ahead, though by a narrowing margin. A Quinnipiac University poll taken around the same time as the Susquehanna poll shows Obama leading Romney 50 percent to 46 percent.

Susquehanna's automated poll of 1,376 likely voters was taken between Oct. 11 and 13, before the second presidential debate Tuesday that many saw as a comeback for Obama since his Oct. 3 showdown with Romney.

Lee said Romney has made significant gains in the all-important suburbs of Philadelphia, a ring of counties that helped push Obama to victory in 2008.

"Republicans haven't been able to do that in 20 years," Lee said. "Romney has made some major inroads."

Lee said Romney also gained ground in western Pennsylvania, where socially conservative, blue-collar Democrats have turned their backs on Obama.

Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weights its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

Weighting results in Pennsylvania is particularly important, Lee said, "because we know with a pretty good degree of certainty how many registered Republicans and Democrats are going to show up" on Election Day.

Notice the bolded statement in the Examiner article re-printed above:

Susquehanna has traditionally shown a much tighter race between Obama and Romney than other polls, in part because it weights its results by party registration. Firms that don't do this tend to over-sample Democrats.

This is significant because the poll takes account actual party registrations, thus eliminating the problem of over-sampling Democratic voters. The Pennsylvania poll reflects the general pro-Romney trend evidenced in nationwide polls, so I'm not particularly surprised at Romney gains in the Keystone State.

[quote="Tampa_Dave, post:1, topic:302567"]
washingtonexaminer.com/poll-shows-romney-leading-in-blue-pennsylvania/article/2511153#.UIPaDIVvZFV

Poll shows Romney leading in blue Pennsylvania

A new poll shows Republican Mitt Romney leading in Pennsylvania, a state that Republicans had all but written off just weeks ago but which is now listed as a toss up by the Real Clear Politics website.

Susquehanna Polling and Research provided The Washington Examiner with a poll it conducted for state party officials that shows Romney with a 49 percent to 45 percent lead over President Obama.

It's the first poll to show Romney leading among likely voters in the Keystone State.

"The polling is very clear that the race is certainly up for grabs and Republicans have a tendency to never believe it," Susquehanna President James Lee told The Examiner.

Romney isn't spending much time or money in Pennsylvania, which hasn't backed a Republican presidential candidate since 1988.

Every other Pennsylvania poll shows Obama ahead, though by a narrowing margin. A Quinnipiac University poll taken around the same time as the Susquehanna poll shows Obama leading Romney 50 percent to 46 percent.

Susquehanna's automated poll of 1,376 likely voters was taken between Oct. 11 and 13, before the second presidential debate Tuesday that many saw as a comeback for Obama since his Oct. 3 showdown with Romney.

Lee said Romney has made significant gains in the all-important suburbs of Philadelphia, a ring of counties that helped push Obama to victory in 2008.

"Republicans haven't been able to do that in 20 years," Lee said. "Romney has made some major inroads."

Lee said Romney also gained ground in western Pennsylvania, where socially conservative, blue-collar Democrats have turned their backs on Obama.

Weighting results in Pennsylvania is particularly important, Lee said, "because we know with a pretty good degree of certainty how many registered Republicans and Democrats are going to show up" on Election Day.

[/quote]

Thanks

Understandably the Presidential elections are most always very close, tomorrows debate will no doubt bring it even closer either way.
We pray in in it all, God's will be done.
Peace, Carlan

For people who respect the creation of life given and taken by God, the choice is only Romney.

Close to three-quarters of a billion dollars in advertising — more than 80 percent of it negative — has flooded the airwaves of the battleground states. Legions of volunteers have spent tens of thousands of hours making phone calls and knocking on doors. There have been two conventions and three debates.

washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/obama-and-romney-hit-the-final-stretch/2012/10/20/878d62d2-1a1c-11e2-94aa-9240e72ee00b_story.html

Who will you vote for?

I'm ready for this thing to be over.

i am happy to see the poll here at Catholic Answers is overwhelmingly for Romney. however, this is a Catholic website so this poll does not reflect the rest of the country.
we can only pray that God's will be done on November 6th as another poster stated.
i am looking forward to the debate Monday night and hoping it will shed more light on the right candidate to vote for for those who are undecided. i pray for our country and for all Americans that a brighter future is ahead. granted, a lot of work needs to be done, but i pray for a turn in the right direction.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:9, topic:302567"]
i am happy to see the poll here at Catholic Answers is overwhelmingly for Romney. however, this is a Catholic website so this poll does not reflect the rest of the country.
we can only pray that God's will be done on November 6th as another poster stated.
i am looking forward to the debate Monday night and hoping it will shed more light on the right candidate to vote for for those who are undecided. i pray for our country and for all Americans that a brighter future is ahead. granted, a lot of work needs to be done, but i pray for a turn in the right direction.

[/quote]

I think that is the key around here on CAF- a hope for the RIGHT, or should I say rightist, direction.

:rolleyes:

Although I’m a political junkie, me too! And, let’s hope, as painlessly as possible for either side. What I fear most (politically speaking, of course) is a split popular-electoral vote as in the 2000 race.

[quote="meltzerboy, post:11, topic:302567"]
Although I'm a political junkie, me too! And, let's hope, as painlessly as possible for either side. What I fear most (politically speaking, of course) is a split popular-electoral vote as in the 2000 race.

[/quote]

Oh, I hope not. I am hopeful it wont be that close. . .

"hanging chads" no thank you. . . . . :(

Must be a reason why Paul Ryan was campaigning in PA yesterday and the Romney campaign is sending more staff there

[quote="_Abyssinia, post:13, topic:302567"]
Must be a reason why Paul Ryan was campaigning in PA yesterday and the Romney campaign is sending more staff there

[/quote]

Maybe Romney and Ryan should not campaign or send more staff and leave well enough alone.

Um let's see,

Obama, who claims he wants us energy independent yet blocks the keystone pipeline and freezes permits for oil drilling at the same time he gives about 1 trillion dollars to Brazil, Columbia and Venezuela to expand their oil industry with no contract for them to sell the oil to us.

Obama, who has helped Islamic terrorism expand by assisting in handing over Egypt, Libya, Yemen to extremists, while sitting on his hands regarding Iran and Syria.

Obama. who's administration forced gun dealers in AZ to sell to known drug cartel straw purchasers and then played the executive privilege card when those actions were investigated. And is now running guns through Saudi Arabia that putting guns in the hands of Islamic extremists in Syria.

Obama, who's administration failed to provide adequate protection to our ambassador to Libya which resulted in 4 peoples deaths and then lied to the world claiming that it was a protest over a video that got out of hand. Which resulted in the arrest of the filmmaker on probation violations and a perp walk for all the world to see.

Who has increased our debt by over 5 trillion dollars in less than 4 years resulting in the downgrading of the US credit rating for the first time ever putting our economy at further risk.

Who has lied to the American people regarding his Obamatax plan with bait and switch tactics.

Obama who is attacking religious liberty and religious institutions.

And then there is the failing economy with abysmal economic growth and high unemployment, the doubling of gas prices since he took office, inflation.

Why anyone would vote for him is just utterly astounding and I didn't even mention abortion.

[quote="meltzerboy, post:14, topic:302567"]
Maybe Romney and Ryan should not campaign or send more staff and leave well enough alone.

[/quote]

What? They obviously have some info that dictate the race is close there and they would win

[quote="_Abyssinia, post:16, topic:302567"]
What? They obviously have some info that dictate the race is close there and they would win

[/quote]

Absolutely! What is that saying, "Pray like you're winning, but work like you're losing."
Except that I'm praying like crazy and working like crazy as well.
Today, taking holy cards to Catholic churches, tomorrow start helping at the polls for early
voting (until Nov 2) and then working the polls on Nov. 6.

[quote="meltzerboy, post:14, topic:302567"]

[/quote]

If they don't campaign in those states, they'll be leaving "bad enough" alone. They might start heading to Oregon too - the latest poll there shows Obama with only a 6 point lead. On second thought, they should focus on Penn, Ohio, Colorado, etc.

Ishii

[quote="TexCatholic4JMJ, post:17, topic:302567"]
Absolutely! What is that saying, "Pray like you're winning, but work like you're losing."
Today, taking holy cards to Catholic churches, tomorrow start helping at the polls for early

[/quote]

Very true, TexCatholic. Romney/Ryan needs to work like a football team that is down by two touchdowns. Forget about the polls showing them ahead or with an electoral majority.

Ishii

[quote="TexCatholic4JMJ, post:17, topic:302567"]

[/quote]

God bless you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.