Obama heckled by [OWS] protesters at New Hampshire speech

Just as the president started his speech, protesters, apparently from the Occupy Wall Street protest movement, used the “human mic” technique to amplify their voices. It was unclear what the protesters were saying, or what point they were attempting to make.

The president smiled through the disruption, saying: “No, it’s OK,” as other parts of the crowd sought to hush the protesters by chanting his name and old campaign slogan, “Yes We Can.”

“OK, guys,” Obama said after supporters drowned out the hecklers.

“I appreciate you guys making your point; let me go ahead and make mine,” Obama said before continuing his speech. “I’ll listen to you, you listen to me, OK?”

A few minutes later, Obama acknowledged the Occupy protest movement again, saying: “You are the reason I ran for office.”

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/195119-protesters-heckle-obama-at-new-hampshire-speech-on-payroll-tax

Obama has really failed to deliver anything like “change”. He’s had 3 years…what’s changed? In some ways he’s even more like Bush than Bush was. :slight_smile: We’ve been listening to promises from him for over 4 years…counting the campaign. NOTHING significant has changed in this country since 2008, except that even more money has been concentrated at the top and we’re in a couple new wars now.

If anyone deserves heckling at this point, I’d say it’s Obama.

I still fail to see what OWS is accomplishing, compared to what they “could” accomplish had they been a bit more focused and organized.

I’m not convinced “OWS” knows exactly what they want.

The President states “OWS” is the reason he ran for President. What after he threatens to cut off Social Security? :rolleyes:

That human mic thing is really creepy. They sound like a bunch of zombies rotely repeating their leader.

Creepy is right.

I live in NH and was caught in the gridlock today. First time in 20 years there has been a traffic jam up in NH! :eek:

They did the same thing to Ron Paul on Monday night. The Human Mic tactic does tend to make OWS look like a bunch of zombies.

And the “retort” was to Human Mic “Yes we can” back at them? Sounds double creepy.

Our zombies are better than you zombies.

They are indeed creepy. And incoherent.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.