Obama inches toward gay agenda

breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9GG94BO0&show_article=1
Obama inches toward gay agenda

The Obama White House has accomplished more than any other on gay rights,...

...Obama on Tuesday planned to tick through some of the accomplishments at a meeting with grass-roots gay activists at the White House. His administration planned to announce Wednesday that the Labor Department would order businesses to extend unpaid leave for gay workers to care for newborns or loved ones.

The move, coming less than five months before November's congressional elections, seems likely to incite conservatives and Republicans who stood in lockstep against the Obama administration's earlier efforts to repeal a ban on gays and lesbians serving openly in the military. It also appears likely to be popular with loyal Democrats and organized labor...

..."The reason why these policy changes are important is because we do not have ironclad LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) majorities in either house of Congress," said Fred Sainz, a vice president at the Human Rights Campaign, Washington's largest gay rights organization....

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

****** This is not surprising at all. Our president shows, more and more, that he is anti-Christian. It's such a shame. He's in the position of showing other countries that we are a strong country, based on Christian principles. There are non-Christian religions that also share our Christian values. My point is that there are some things that are wrong and from what I've seen and heard President Obama is leading this country down the wrong path. God help us all!

[quote="pigtown, post:2, topic:202813"]
****** This is not surprising at all. Our president shows, more and more, that he is anti-Christian. It's such a shame. He's in the position of showing other countries that we are a strong country, based on Christian principles. There are non-Christian religions that also share our Christian values. My point is that there are some things that are wrong and from what I've seen and heard President Obama is leading this country down the wrong path. God help us all!

[/quote]

Surely you're not arguing that George Juniour led America down the right path?

[quote="Livingthedream, post:3, topic:202813"]

[/quote]

What does Bush have to do with the Obama administration?
Obama has to take responsbility for his own actions, and that of his appointed Administration.
Democrats have had control of US Congress (Senate & House) since January 2007.

[quote="WatchingMedia, post:4, topic:202813"]
What does Bush have to do with the Obama administration?
Obama has to take responsbility for his own actions, and that of his appointed Administration.
Democrats have had control of US Congress (Senate & House) since January 2007.

[/quote]

I was just wondering if the OP thought that George Juniour had led America down the right path. I think George Juniour did a terrible job and I think Obama hasn't a clue what he's doing.

[quote="pigtown, post:2, topic:202813"]

[/quote]

I don't care to discuss DADT or raising kids, but I do want to ask what is anti-christian about wanting to secure the rights of people to stay home and care for their sick loved ones when no one else can, and still be able to keep their jobs?

Look, I disagree with homosexuality as much as most people here I am sure. But I think it's a little cruel and un-christian to make someone choose between their job and leaving a loved one at home - uncared for - when they need help.

I really think we should be loving homosexuals to Christ, not making their lives as miserable as possible to try to force them to follow God. :shrug:

[quote="Livingthedream, post:5, topic:202813"]
I was just wondering if the OP thought that George Juniour had led America down the right path. I think George Juniour did a terrible job and I think Obama hasn't a clue what he's doing.

[/quote]

Bush doesn't have anything to do with the original post. I think we should stay on topic! ;):thumbsup:

[quote="Whitacre_Girl, post:6, topic:202813"]
...Look, I disagree with homosexuality as much as most people here I am sure. But I think it's a little cruel and un-christian to make someone choose between their job and leaving a loved one at home - uncared for - when they need help....

[/quote]

Why not leave the homosexuality out of the equation then? The benefit ought to be unpaid leave for anyone close to an individual whether related or not. Sometimes close friends are the better option for care than blood relations.

[quote="Livingthedream, post:3, topic:202813"]

[/quote]

Usual tactic of trying to derail a thread by attacking Bush is duly noted.

Obama is tryng to secure his base as to limit the carnage this November, You can look for him to reiterate his support of unresticted abortion on demand and punitive taxes on the "rich". He will also make promises on Iraq, Afghanistan and GITMO that he can not keep but will not renere on until after the election. We have already seen this with his decision to defer the trial of KJM until after the election.

[quote="Stylteralmaldo, post:8, topic:202813"]
Why not leave the homosexuality out of the equation then? The benefit ought to be unpaid leave for anyone close to an individual whether related or not. Sometimes close friends are the better option for care than blood relations.

[/quote]

Yes, they might be, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. When it comes to caring for the sick, who cares with whom the caretaker is in love?

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:11, topic:202813"]
Yes, they might be, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual. When it comes to caring for the sick, who cares with whom the caretaker is in love?

[/quote]

The Breakdown of the Family is why Catholics care.

Can We Afford Family Breakdown?
Warnings of Drastic Social and Economic Consequences
zenit.org/article-22615?l=english

The Family breaks down=Society breaks down.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:11, topic:202813"]

[/quote]

I have a friend who's really sick-her cancer is back, and it doesn't look good. I love her like a sister.

Should my employer compensate me, so I may have the time off to spend with her?

I mean, I'm closer to her than I am to (one of) my sisters-this friend.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

FMLA is an unfunded mandate that is very costly to business. Extending FMLA benefits will be a small but additional disincentive for the labor market. Never mind that...we have plenty of jobs to go around!

[quote="DawnInTexas, post:13, topic:202813"]
I have a friend who's really sick-her cancer is back, and it doesn't look good. I love her like a sister.

Should my employer compensate me, so I may have the time off to spend with her?

I mean, I'm closer to her than I am to (one of) my sisters-this friend.

God Bless.
+Jesus, I Trust In You!
Love, Dawn

[/quote]

(emphasis mine)

I just want to point out that under FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) it's not paid leave. It just means that you are legally guaranteed a pre-determined amount of time to be away from your job without the company terminating you. They are not legally obligated to give you paid time off, but many places will let you use your paid sick time to care for a loved one.

[quote="Whitacre_Girl, post:15, topic:202813"]
I just want to point out that under FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) it's not paid leave. It just means that you are legally guaranteed a pre-determined amount of time to be away from your job without the company terminating you. They are not legally obligated to give you paid time off, but many places will let you use your paid sick time to care for a loved one.

[/quote]

And just to be clear, it isn't a zero cost. In some fields, it is possible to bring in a temp to takeover. But in many industries, you have an empty desk with no work being done. Note also that benefits continue during FMLA (as I understand it).

[quote="Suudy, post:16, topic:202813"]
And just to be clear, it isn't a zero cost. In some fields, it is possible to bring in a temp to takeover. But in many industries, you have an empty desk with no work being done. Note also that benefits continue during FMLA (as I understand it).

[/quote]

Yes, you are completely right. Thanks for pointing that out! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.