Obama Judicial Pick Cornelia Pillard: Abortion Needed to "Free Women From Maternity"

Folks, this is an action call. We need to bring our voices to the public square. Please contact your congressional leaders to oppose this appointment. The President wants this extremist pro-abortionist, sadly a law professor at a Catholic university, to be a judge.

**Obama Judicial Pick Cornelia Pillard: Abortion Needed to “Free Women From Maternity”

lifenews.com/2013/07/22/obama-judicial-pick-cornelia-pillard-abortion-needed-to-free-women-from-maternity/**

…by celebrating motherhood, society is creating a “self-fulfilling cycle of discrimination.”

Pillard is so fiercely opposed to abstinence education that she has said publicly she would declare it unconstitutional.

I think this is the real war on women.

Wow. Abstinence Education declared unconstitutional and her other words. To me, that kind of thinking allows others to take over. A negative western value. A radical feminist alright.

Sounds like she has been a professor at Georgetown if anyone is curious: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornelia_Pillard Unsure if she is still there.

and people think that elections don’t matter when it comes to things like JUDICIAL APPOINTMENTS!?!?!??!?!?!?

It DOES MATTER!

More activist judges that find mysterious rights in the Constitution like abortion and “gay” marriage. What next…polygamy?

This is why elections DO MATTER! And why VOTING matters!

This pick sounds like she hates children. edit: if that wikipedia is the right woman…she has two children…yet she doesn’t want women to be “held down by maternity”? What a SICK WOMAN!

Well this pick will definitely enrich society for the better with her rulings. :rolleyes:

The judge sounds terrible.

On to the author of this article:

As crazy and outrageous as her other comments are, this one is a denial of basic biology! She actually rejects modern science on human development because it conflicts with her hard-core ideology. If that doesn’t disqualify someone from the second most prestigious court in America, I’m not sure what does.

So people should be barred from the court for rejecting science in favor of their ideology?

I don’t think this guy really wants that to happen…

First of all, she is **NOT **a judge yet. Please call your U.S. Senator and U.S. Representative to vote against her.
Reading between the lines, it appears that if she is not approved by Congress before the August Congressional recess, Pres. Obama will make a “recess appointment” – she WILL become judge.

Regarding your other comment: TRUTH IS TRUTH. Many pro-abortionists don’t want to look at the hard realities which modern technology help us to know – that babies develop in the womb, there are milestones, etc.

Please do what you can to help prevent her appointment – contact your congressional members.

Let us pray:

O Most Holy Ghost:
We ask you right now to lead Pres. Obama and Ms. Pillard to your Presence and I ask you right now Lord, that we to end the evils of Abortion, and the conversion of people that support, encourage, and/or participate in it. We ask you, Most Holy Ghost to lead them to loving arms of the Most Holy Family and the Holy Mother Church.

In Jesus name,
Amen

(Sorry, I thought the Pray was needed…)

Did the Blessed Virgin ask to be “free from maternity”? Did any of our mothers ask to be “free from maternity”? I’m very sorry for sounding callous and even just plain mean, but things like this really sicken me. I can’t stand this! :mad: please, forgive me if I am coming off as to harsh, but. Ahh! I’m just. Wow. I’m at a loss for words here. :mad:

So, what exists to “free men from paternity”, if an obsinate woman insists on having the baby? :confused: Rob

It’s voting for candidates who do not regard human life as disposable that matters. Until the day I die, I will never understand how a single Christian could have ever voted for death candidates such as Obama and his ilk. :shrug: Rob

If your angry, try to turn your angry into a passion for Prayer for Conversion for Ms. Pillard and others like her.

Our Lady, Mother of Mercy, please pray for us.
St. Joseph, please pray for us.
St. Anne, please pray for us.
St. Monica, please pray for us.
St. Catherine of Sweden, please pray for us.
St. Gianna Beretta Molla, please pray for us.
St. Gerard Majella, please pray for us.
St. Maximilian Kolbe, pleae pray for us.

Agreed… life trumps all.

Free women to do what?

Peace,
Ed

Very easy answer. Not using a woman.

Keep sex within committed marriage.

Oh no. :frowning: I am getting really sick and tired of Obama appointing all of these pro-abortion politicians. I am also sick and tired of hearing of Catholics who are unorthodox. I hope and pray that they return to orthodox theology and I have a thread running to pray for this very intention.

As bad as I think it is that someone believes we need to “free women from maternity,” at least people are finally being honest about their reasons behind being “pro-choice.”

Last week before Mass, I had a woman look straight at my 5 month old daughter, point and say in quite a loud voice, “I absolutely REFUSE to have another one of those. I got my tubes tied last month.” she said it right there in front of everyone and then took communion as if it were no big deal. Finally people are admitting to the truth of why they do things. It’s not because they panic or they don’t know Church teaching. It’s that they simply refuse God and His will.

Now that the pro choice admit that unborn children are alive, and contracepting Catholics admit they are closed to life, it makes it much harder for us to win this battle. We can’t win by simply proving the points we have been stressing for years–they now admit we are correct. They simply do not care.

Her views don’t sound that different than Hillary Clinton’s. While she has toned it down I remember when she was more open and called marriage a form of slavery,

And people think she should be president.

What should really be of concern to anybody who takes his Catholic faith seriously is the fact that this professor remains in good standing at Georgetown, a university that claims to be Catholic, but in reality is American secularist.

We must begin to face the fact that her views, as repugnant as they are on abortion, are, nevertheless, completely in line with the Americanist ideology. If the issue were not abortion, if the issue were economic regulation, I suspect American conservatives would be applauding her comments .No Pope, no president, no governor, no king is going to tell ME what to believe or how to live my life. “Rugged individualism” is the key to happiness, isn’t it? Isn’t that the essence of Americanism? Her views are merely an expresion of extreme individualism applied to the sexual, as opposed to the economic, sphere.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.