Obama: "law abiding gun owners have nothing to fear..."

Well I am law abiding and I am afraid he will attempt to remove my rights to purchase new guns and standard capacity magazines and attempt to take away my right to carry and . . .

Facts are Obama said he will “not take” our guns. I do believe that. I don’t think he can take our guns. But he never said he would not take away our rights to own or purchase new guns. He never said he would not take away our rights to gift guns to our children. He never said he would not prevent future generations from buying guns.

He did say he supports a ban on so-called assault weapons. He did say he wants to ban ‘standard’ capacity magazines and limit all guns to reduced capacity. He did vote (twice) to make it illegal to use a legally purchased handgun for self defense. He did support 500% tax increases on ammo. He did say he wants to pass a national right to carry restriction to prevent law abiding citizens from carrying guns.

He says we can take him at his word. I am doing just that.

By the way, did you catch the last line? Sounds like there will be gun rationing in the future if they have their way too.

[INDENT]Obama: Gun owners do not need to stock up
suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1318968,obama-gun-sales-up-120808.article

December 8, 2008
BY ABDON M. PALLASCH Political Reporter

As gun sales shoot up around the country, President-elect Barack Obama said Sunday that gun-owning Americans do not need to rush out and stock up before he is sworn in next month.

“I believe in common-sense gun safety laws, and I believe in the second amendment,” Obama said at a news conference. “Lawful gun owners have nothing to fear. I said that throughout the campaign. I haven’t indicated anything different during the transition. I think people can take me at my word.

. . .

“Prior to his campaign for president, his record as a state legislator and as a U.S. Senator shows he voted for the most stringent forms of gun control, the most Draconian legislation, gun bans, ammunition bans and even an increase in federal excise taxes up to 500 percent for every gun and firearm sold,” Arulanandam said.

. . .

“We don’t think these are first-time buyers. We think they are people who already have more than enough guns at their homes to protect themselves and are buying more.”[/INDENT]

Of course a double talker like Barack Obama would want to restrict gun ownership. God forbid that a home owner should be able to protect his life or property. He won’t even lift a finger to protect innocent human life in the womb. This man will say or do anything to advance his own agenda.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.