Obama leads Romney, helped by independents

A new poll by Reuters shows that Obama leads Romney by 7 points and that independent voters think Obama is stronger on the economy, foreign affairs, and healthcare.

reuters.com/article/2012/05/08/us-usa-campaign-poll-idUSBRE84714W20120508

“The poll showed voters think Obama is just slightly stronger than Romney, a former business executive who has touted his economic experience during the campaign, on the issues of jobs and the economy. When asked which of the two was stronger on the topic, 45 percent of registered voters surveyed picked Obama while 43 percent chose Romney. Among the 959 registered voters surveyed, a majority said Obama was stronger than Romney on healthcare, Afghanistan and the global fight against terror. Romney had a 1-point advantage over Obama on immigration.”

I don’t even like Romney, but the results of the poll sound suspiciously like they cherry-picked their sampling group. Couple this with the recent precipitous drop in gas prices and the phoney unemployment numbers and things are just looking rosey. The Left Wing Conspiracy" to inflate the economy to boost Obama’s numbers may be premature though. They should have orchestrated this surge to peak at around the time of the GOP convention. This economy is still far to fragile to be ballooned for too long. Its gonna pop. My guess is before the end of summer. The house of cards will come crashing down and we will be dragged into a war with Iran or North Korea to distract us and get the more feeble-minded all wee-weed up with jingoistic patriotism. This game is so played out its predictable.

Oh really? Based on what evidence (hunches don’t count)? And did you have a problem with the famously Republican-leaning Rasmussen results on that thread? Can’t see your protest anywhere…

So, kinda like the Bush administration, then?

Yeah, I could see that.

So, kinda like the Bush administration, then?

Yeah, I could see that.

How soon people forget,

John

You mean as opposed to the famously Democrat-leaning Reuters?

Gallup also shows Romney ahead of Obama.

Probably nobody really knows, but the DNC will be sure to create every pro-Obama thread on CAF it can generate, and I’m sure it hasn’t even warmed up yet.

I have my doubts about war with Iran; certainly not before the election, and not with Korea at all. North Korea could do almost anything without causing a U.S. military response.

What economic surge are you talking about?

The DNC?? I’m certainly not a member of the DNC, and I doubt very much that they monitor the CA message boards. Paranoid much?

Name an Administration that didn’t do it?

I don’t even like Romney, but the results of the poll sound suspiciously like they cherry-picked their sampling group. Couple this with the recent precipitous drop in gas prices and the phoney unemployment numbers and things are just looking rosey. The Left Wing Conspiracy" to inflate the economy to boost Obama’s numbers may be premature though. They should have orchestrated this surge to peak at around the time of the GOP convention. This economy is still far to fragile to be ballooned for too long. Its gonna pop. My guess is before the end of summer. The house of cards will come crashing down and we will be dragged into a war with Iran or North Korea to distract us and get the more feeble-minded all wee-weed up with jingoistic patriotism. This game is so played out its predictable.

Machiavelli was correct…or actually wrote the blueprint,

John

Election years seem to provide a modest stimulus to the economy. Keeps the talking heads and pollsters in business among others. We should have them more often.

The commercial, sign, pin, t-shirt and hat makers thrive… :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it paranoia as much as projection.

Isolated poll. Romney is surging vs Obama of late, looks like a virtual tie after Obama leading since October…

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Well, it certainly is a good season to be a pollster! :thumbsup:

Hoover?

Hoover and Coolidge. After that, I got nothin’.

When one gets one’s talking points originating from such sources, one wonders. Interesting that you would say the DNC (or one of its surrogates, perhaps) does not enter into CAF. Had you been here before the 2008 election, you would not doubt there was organized Democrat political participation here. Nor, I am sure, would anyone who was here at the time. When a whole group comes in at once, loaded with misleading information all in sequence and obviously organized, then repeats again and again, one cannot rightly be accused of paranoia if one thinks there is organization involved.

And, of course, there are quite overt “Catholic” Obama-supporting groups. One would have to be naive to disbelieve in them.

Right now, of course, there are only the occasional (and quite possibly independent) Obama apologists here selling.

After the conventions, I’m sure we’ll see the Romney smoke-and-mirrors men here competing with the Obama apologists, both spreading their wares in our faces. :slight_smile:

You can be quite certain that I will not be one of those.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.